Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate keeper not available due to system fault (FIXED)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I had an MCU1 -> MCU2 swap done I saw this message: Climate keeper not available due to system fault.

After MCU1 -> MCU2 swap the message was still there. Tesla service had missed that during the MCU1 -> MCU2 upgrade visit (and HW3 upgrade at the same time). I had to take a trip to pick up a college graduate so I had to run without this fix.

Tesla did diagnose the problem while I was driving (I was in touch with them about it) and by the time I got back they knew the fix - it was a faulty AC actuator. Replaced it and so far so good.

Posting just FYI, seen reports of this being a pinched harness or a firmware issue. For me it was something different. Some pictures attached to show the problem.

Attachments

• Remote_hvac_fault.jpg
    Remote_hvac_fault.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 330
  • MCU1_hvac_fault.jpg
    MCU1_hvac_fault.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 284
  • MCU2_hvac_fault.jpg
    MCU2_hvac_fault.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 274
I got this error also but it was in addition to the AC not working at all. For me it was the DCDC fuse

Took delivery Friday only to send it back to the dealer for service Monday morning. A/C isn’t working and I’m getting the “Climate Keeper not available due to system default” message. Crossing fingers it will be fixed soon.

Do you know how long it took them to diagnose and fix? Thank you!

Took delivery Friday only to send it back to the dealer for service Monday morning. A/C isn’t working and I’m getting the “Climate Keeper not available due to system default” message. Crossing fingers it will be fixed soon.

Do you know how long it took them to diagnose and fix? Thank you!

I took delivery of a used 2017 SP100D a couple months ago and immediately experienced the exact same error. The AC worked fine when driving the car, but when trying to use climate keeper settings or the climate control via the app I got the same error message.

I scheduled an appointment with Tesla to fix that, along with a HW3 upgrade. They identified the problem being with the "air inlet actuator" and replaced it under warranty. Everything has worked perfect since then.