Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can’t turn on climate from the Tesla App - get failure message and also the following message in the MCU - Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault.

Anyone had this before? Guess I am going to be paying a visit to my service center. Need to get a creaky suspension / yellow MCU and HW3 upgrade done anyway.

View attachment 505960
This is happening in my Model Y too. It was working fine, then I was out of the country for 3 weeks and when I got back, climate control and dog mode don't work anymore. Was your service center able to fix it? My closest service center is 6 hrs round trip, so if they can't fix it I don't really want to go!

I am starting to get this error. Earlier today I took my M3 to a Tesla Service Center where they replaced the windshield and did the maintenance to remove a bad smell that they say is due to a faulty air conditioner design (collects mold over time). Now, even when I turn the thermostat up to 81°F the air conditioning still blows. Based on what I read in this thread I’m not sure if it’s something to do with changing the air filter or the windshield. Looks like I’m going back to the SC.

Got this errror immediately after the mobile service rep left after changing my screen due to an unrelated issue. I am convinced it is something they did. The guy tells me that it’s the humidity sensor, that he did not touch it, and to open a new ticket for it.

Got this errror immediately after the mobile service rep left after changing my screen due to an unrelated issue. I am convinced it is something they did. The guy tells me that it’s the humidity sensor, that he did not touch it, and to open a new ticket for it.

I had something similar after a charging port replacement on my Model 3. I let the car deep sleep overnight, and it corrected itself. Hasn't returned.

Reactions: G78M3
I'm having this problem right now and part of me feels like it was due to charging at a supercharger in the rain last night. When I was charging there were 3 orange squiggly lines in the app next to my battery percentage. On my way back to the car I accidently hit the climate short cut in the app and it gave me an error. Maybe I didn't notice it last night but today I'm getting small amount of heat when the climate control is in manual and wonky behaviors when it auto. Hopefully all i need to do is let it dry out but I have an appointment on Tuesday for my suspension anyway so I'll have them look at it then

I'm having this problem right now and part of me feels like it was due to charging at a supercharger in the rain last night. When I was charging there were 3 orange squiggly lines in the app next to my battery percentage. On my way back to the car I accidently hit the climate short cut in the app and it gave me an error. Maybe I didn't notice it last night but today I'm getting small amount of heat when the climate control is in manual and wonky behaviors when it auto. Hopefully all i need to do is let it dry out but I have an appointment on Tuesday for my suspension anyway so I'll have them look at it then
Those three squiggly lines would be the universal signal for heat (like when you turn your heated seat on). They are not relevant to your issue at hand, battery was being heated for faster chaging.

Those three squiggly lines would be the universal signal for heat (like when you turn your heated seat on). They are not relevant to your issue at hand, battery was being heated for faster chaging.
If they were red yes but they're orange in my case. I see the red ones when I warm up my car in the morning. I only started seeing the orange ones last week when I'm charging.

I’m having this exact issue on my brand new refresh Model X.

Same here. I've got a service appointment for next Friday to address this (and other sundry issues). Was yours doing this from Day 1?

The user-visible symptom is that the climate control system is blowing cold air when it's seemingly inappropriate (i.e. it's cold outside and inside the car already), and it seems to pick the wrong vents (i.e. blowing cold air on my feet). It was doing this on the drive home from the factory. I've rebooted the car at least twice, but that doesn't seem to help the problem or clear the message.

Bruce.

Same here. I've got a service appointment for next Friday to address this (and other sundry issues). Was yours doing this from Day 1?

The user-visible symptom is that the climate control system is blowing cold air when it's seemingly inappropriate (i.e. it's cold outside and inside the car already), and it seems to pick the wrong vents (i.e. blowing cold air on my feet). It was doing this on the drive home from the factory. I've rebooted the car at least twice, but that doesn't seem to help the problem or clear the message.

Bruce.

That’s EXACTLY what mine is doing. It only started doing it recently, after updating to 2022.8.3. Makes me wonder if it’s just faulty firmware.

That’s EXACTLY what mine is doing. It only started doing it recently, after updating to 2022.8.3. Makes me wonder if it’s just faulty firmware.

Firmware...that's possible...although my car is still running the factory-fresh 2021.43.202. It has 2022.8.3 queued up for an update, but I'm afraid to install it due to other reported problems. (The whole system is working well otherwise, and seven years of Tesla ownership have taught me that newer is not always better.)

Bruce.

Firmware...that's possible...although my car is still running the factory-fresh 2021.43.202. It has 2022.8.3 queued up for an update, but I'm afraid to install it due to other reported problems. (The whole system is working well otherwise, and seven years of Tesla ownership have taught me that newer is not always better.)

Plot twist: I pulled the trigger on the update to 2022.8.3 (on the theory that the service center is going to do this anyway when I take my car in, so I might as well see what it's going to break so I can add to the service ticket).

And for the first time since I took delivery of this car, climate control is actually working. I'll need to do more testing with this tomorrow, but at least for the few minutes I played with it, everything was working as expected, and I had the options to keep climate on, dog mode, and camp mode on the right side of the climate control panel.

@niogyn I have no idea how you updated to a firmware version and it broke climate control, where I updated to that same version and that fixed it. Welcome to the wild and wacky world of Tesla software. 🤪

Bruce.

I have this exact error too. It was fine until the update to 2022.8.3 and then it got worse with 2022.16.1.1. Now it is doing exactly this stuff. Climate keeper unavailable error message, blowing cold air on my feet when it shouldn’t, the whole thing. Earliest service appointment I could get was July 9. Mine is a 2021 M3P delivered last August. Power off doesn’t work. Reboot doesn’t work.

And today, my heat pump failed and it’s blowing hot. We’re in a heat wave with 114 degree heat index. The car was 120 when I got in this evening. And Tesla’s response when I asked if we could move up that appointment?

”Thanks for the extra information.”

Thanks, Elon. Your company makes a good product but the people who work for you wouldn’t know customer service if it walked up and kissed them on the lips. If I was driving a Mercedes, they’d have already had the car in the shop and offer me a cold water besides. Tesla brushes me off for three weeks and when I take the car in, finally, they’ll want to keep it for however long and fob me off with Uber credits so I can either get robbed or COVID.

Same here. Can't activate keep climate, dog mode or camp mode. This all happened after getting the windshield replaced on 7/11. The right front door handle is working sporadically also now. No type of re-boots worked. Have an appointment at the SC on 7/20.

Same here. Can't activate keep climate, dog mode or camp mode. This all happened after getting the windshield replaced on 7/11. The right front door handle is working sporadically also now. No type of re-boots worked. Have an appointment at the SC on 7/20.
Same here. My windshield was just replaced and right door handle won’t open. Also, climate keeper says system failure. Not sure what this is. Mobile service is coming out.