Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from Tesla service. Via remote monitoring they determined the problem is with the humidity sensor. They have ordered replacement parts so waiting to see if they can get if fixed up here on the mountaintop before we have to trek home to Florida and all those spring breakers :).

How did you get on with this? I have had the same fault in my car for four months since it was new. They told me it was a firmware issue which I am seriously starting to doubt. I have installed 5 firmware updates since delivery.

How did you get on with this? I have had the same fault in my car for four months since it was new. They told me it was a firmware issue which I am seriously starting to doubt. I have installed 5 firmware updates since delivery.
They are supposed to show up on the 8th to replace the humidity sensor and possibly the wiring harness. We had 3 days of extremely dry weather (25% humidity) in the mountains this week and I left the car parked the entire time. Problem cleared up. Problem started when we had 6 straight days of rain up here so guessing something is goofy in the sensor. Rain is coming so guess will find out soon :)

Waited 3 weeks for Tesla mobile to show up and then got call yesterday that they couldn’t make it. Drove down to Florida today so will see if I have better luck down here. Of course the fault cleared up when we had 3 days of extremely dry weather in the mountains so the fault isn’t occurring now...Tesla still wants to replace a few things so will see how that goes....someday.

Thanks for the update.
In my case I took my car to the the service centre and as expected they replaced the temperature and humidity sensor (THS). It is all fixed. The fault is gone, no more "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault" message. For the first time in four months of ownership I can reliably set the HVAC from the app without error messages. Camp, Dog & On are no longer greyed out. HVAC achieves my desired temp when driving now too. Another idiosyncrasy was prior to the repair my drivers side lumbar was not working and some drivers settings like seat position were not saving properly. Replacing the faulty Temp & Humidity sensor fixed this. Root cause the sensor had been bringing down the LIN communication. Very happy to have it all fixed now.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceAggie
@Flatbat which SC did you go too? So that Xambler can tell his SC to call them for the correct info, you never know if some SC are clueless to areas which don’t have these climate issues..
Melbourne Australia. Sounds like they are on the right track though as Xamblers post says they were looking at replace the Humidity sensor. The temperature and relative humidity sensor are in he HVAC sensor par kit. As I understand it, the Model 3 has a temperature sensor with 3 sensors in the display panel base (which you can see underneath if u look) and the humidity sensor is in the rear vision mirror mount.

Melbourne Australia. Sounds like they are on the right track though as Xamblers post says they were looking at replace the Humidity sensor. The temperature and relative humidity sensor are in he HVAC sensor par kit. As I understand it, the Model 3 has a temperature sensor with 3 sensors in the display panel base (which you can see underneath if u look) and the humidity sensor is in the rear vision mirror mount.
Cool, I had to re-route the one under the screen when I installed the tilted adjustable screen mount.

Fred

Finally got my temperature/humidity sensor replaced by mobile service. It had started working every time humidity was real low and then failing again when humidity got high. One interesting thing to note...when it was in its failing mode, if you tried to use auto mode for cooling the car off it would only cool your feet. Bit annoying now that we are back in Florida.

Hmmm interesting, I'm getting this same error come up; however I live in Arizona so we don't have high humidity here. Also mine too cools the feet when hitting the auto toggle. Have a tesla service scheduled in two weeks so I'll show them this thread to help them to diagnose the issue.

No idea. Was under warrantee so never saw an invoice at all. Fixed the problem though. Hot and humid lately in Florida and cooling is perfect. Another problem I noticed when it was acting up was that I couldn’t control temperature in the car via the app. The sensor was in the spot in front of the rear view mirror, btw.

I got this message after having my windshield replaced. Another side effect was Auto climate control always blew air to the floor, not dash or defroster vents. Tesla service diagnosed that the wiring harness was damaged for the temperature and humidity sensor wires in the rear-view mirror area. New harness was $100. Total repair cost $248.
20200912_174608.jpg

Yep. Bad humidity sensor froze our feet also. Whoever replaced the mirror likely screwed up...they cover the cost?
Haven't asked yet. Safelite said they would fix it if it was related to their repair (but they could not diagnose it). I will probably contact them this week or next. I have the old harness to show them.

I wonder how the harness routes to the controller. Service left greasy marks on my inside a-pillar, and there are fingerprints all over the lower windshield which I am almost certain weren't there after Safelite did their part. They also left some scuff marks on my previously pristine dash which bummed me out.

I got this message after having my windshield replaced. Another side effect was Auto climate control always blew air to the floor, not dash or defroster vents. Tesla service diagnosed that the wiring harness was damaged for the temperature and humidity sensor wires in the rear-view mirror area. New harness was $100. Total repair cost $248.
View attachment 587815

This sounds a lot like mine. When you start up Auto, it tends to blow to the floor. Not sure if it stays that way, because i revert back to Manual right after.

My climate keeper issue showed up intermittently, mostly in the hot weather. Now that it's cooler the problem has gone away.

I told Tesla it was not urgent, so they said they'll check diagnostic logs remotely. Ended up calling me in for a service appointment, so maybe this is what they discovered.

Tesla told me it was a firmware issue.

I'm disinclined to believe it. True I haven't had the errors since then, but I also have rarely tried to use it since then. It was only relevant in mid summer when it was really hot.

Anyway, NBD