Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate not rebooting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i was told by my SVC to do a hard reset of my MCU and Instrument Cluster all the way to the grey Tesla T weekly to try and help minimize issues. For the past two or three weeks when I reboot the MCU everything comes back up except for the climate system. I have to manually turn it back on. I am in a loaner again for yet another trip to the SVC and when I dId the reboot of its MCU the climate system came bs k online on its own.

Anyone else having issues with the climate not rebooting?

Um, you should not have to reboot your Tesla once a week. What happens if you don’t? I have rebooted mine maybe once every 3 months, both due to slacker not working right.

That’s one of the problems. I’ve had the slacker issues, my odometer resets to zero randomly, my phone drops calls, the MCU takes a lot longer to fireup at times than it should, And many other things as well. They told me that because they are computers, just like your computer at home, they need to be rebooted every so often and they said every week would just help keep things refreshed and keep it up so date. If I don’t the radio may fire up but my MCU will stay on the grey Tesla T. This has happened a couple times with the longest lasting probably 4 or 5 minutes. I’m in the shop right now, for the ninth time, for issues Including a steering issue where when I’m going through a curve in town with constant pressure on the wheel, the tension on the wheel suddenly disappears and my hand drops 10 to 15 degrees towards the floor. Thts kind of scary to say the least.

Dang @Hornedfrog1 - still having problems?

I reboot mine once every 2-3 months when something goes whacky or I am hoping for a software update. Usually it is slacker. Sometimes it is the garage door opener lagging. I did notice the door opener lagging when I started using some active web pages more frequently. Not sure if it is related, but I stopped using the web pages and haven't noticed any issues recently. Definitely NOT enough datapoint to draw a conclusion.

To your question, sometimes the climate is off after a reboot. I haven't figured out a pattern.

The whole reset odometer thing is indicative of a larger problem. Not necessarily a big problem, but something they really need to find. Short? Ground fault?

Use it to your advantage and sell a used car with 200 miles :)

Dang @Hornedfrog1 - still having problems?

I reboot mine once every 2-3 months when something goes whacky or I am hoping for a software update. Usually it is slacker. Sometimes it is the garage door opener lagging. I did notice the door opener lagging when I started using some active web pages more frequently. Not sure if it is related, but I stopped using the web pages and haven't noticed any issues recently. Definitely NOT enough datapoint to draw a conclusion.

To your question, sometimes the climate is off after a reboot. I haven't figured out a pattern.

The whole reset odometer thing is indicative of a larger problem. Not necessarily a big problem, but something they really need to find. Short? Ground fault?

Use it to your advantage and sell a used car with 200 miles :)

Oh yeah...still having troubles. Right after I got it back from the coolant heater unit and 12 v batt issues I started having the odometer and a scary steering issue. The reboot climate issue happens every time I reset the MCU. The odometer is completely random and yes...I’m figuring it’s a shorting issue too. They’ve been working on it all week and still no answer. I've even seen on my tesla app that the frunk and trunk have been open multiple times this week and sometimes together at the same time (Monday through Wednesday) so I don’t know what they’re chasing.

I’d love to sell a 200 mile car but something tells me people might not believe that mileage on a 2016 lol.