Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate on and not on at the same time.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else have this problem..?

For about a month the car has been occasionally warm when I reach it in the morning. The climate has been on in the car but the app shows that it is off.

Even if I switch the climate off on the touch screen when I leave it at night it can still be on in the morning, grrrrrr!

I don't charge at night, no scheduled leaving or anything like that. 20 plate M3P 2021.32.21 and latest version of app.

I find a similar thing on my Model 3 where the climate stays on for hours if I've been in the car (even if not driving it). If I then unlock and lock it again, the climate turns off as expected. It's worth checking (doesn't show in the app but warm air from the vents) because it ignores the 20% battery limit.

2021.31.xx seems quite buggy in my experience, having completely broken summon too.

Do you have any third party apps or watch etc. You wouldn’t be the first and won’t be the last person whose climate had been kept awake by interaction with an Apple Watch.

Yep and just sitting in the car will keep climate on - a right pita unless you turn things off/down.

Running fans etc after getting out is all perfectly normal - all part of the organic nature of the car looking after itself.

I've noticed the 'climate' running unexpectedly on a couple of occasions since updating to 2021.32.21.
I've also had unwanted 'corrective steering applied' warnings and tripping of my Zappi 2 chargepoint. Hopefully the next update will take 2 steps forward and less than one step back! I agree that this release seems to have introduced some new bugs.

I gave up pondering or worrying as to why fans were running when the car was unattended long ago, but haven't previously noticed heating / cooling at unexpected times.