Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate staying on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On 24.11. drive the car every day and a few days ago I came out to the car in the morning to a big puddle of condensation under it due to the AC being on. Woke up this morning to a warning that the climate had been on for an extended period. I’m not turning it on… anyone else seeing this?

Are you using Scheduled Departure charging?

If so, there is a setting under there to "precondition the battery and cabin." It's mostly intended for cold weather, but you have your scheduled departure set to 8am and your car's AC is set at 68 degrees but it is 80 degrees in your garage, it's going to turn on the AC at some point so that your car's cabin is at 68 degrees by 8am. If you were to leave a window open on the car overnight, it could cause the AC to run for a considerable amount of time.

Reactions: Deutsch100
I am having this same issue. This is on a 21 Model S long range. I come out i hear the A/C/ Heater fan sound outside.. i check the APP, doesnt show anything is on, no shceulde departure. I open the door, and there is no air blowing out.

I see my range decreasing for some reason as well.

It could be the fans drying out the vents after the AC was running. GM and some other brands out there do this as well. Helps prevent smells and the like from festering in the vents.

There is also the cooling of the battery whereby the AC runs to manage battery temperature.

There’s a lot more going on than just running the HVAC vents.