Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate temperature in App (4.0.1 wrong...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mark_T

Nov 1, 2017
UK
Just a quick check with those of you using the new 4.0 version of the Tesla app on iOS...

Does the climate temperature you see in the app appear reasonable?

Mine is starting out around -12C and slowly climbs to around 2C then resets back to sub-zero...

A/C Auto seemed weird as well so I suspect it is a faulty Temperature/Humidity sensor but just wanted ot check if anyone else was seeing any weirdness in the new app before I book a service appointment...

Our temperature/humidity sensor was recently replaced, along with a couple of long standing cosmetic issues. We were not offered a ranger visit even though we have used a ranger before. Possibly diagnostics (ours was reported as A/C not effective along with photo of easy to miss climate keeper system error on HVAC screen when car in park) require more than what the ranger can do in their available time or, I don't know where these sensors are located (but looks like front boot of car had been disturbed either then or subsequent visit) but iirc that similar sensors were replaced on early heat pump cars which caused a few additional issues. Certainly one for a service call though and hope ranger can sort.

Thanks for the replies, no sign of app errors so I'm going ahead with the service booking.

On the Model S the sensor is in the rear view mirror assembly I beleive, but may still be outside scope for Ranger.

Thanks for the replies, no sign of app errors so I'm going ahead with the service booking.

On the Model S the sensor is in the rear view mirror assembly I beleive, but may still be outside scope for Ranger.
Whilst it’s wrong in the app, I assume the car itself is saying the same.
the very latest app update a few days ago, has improved comms between the car and the app.

My temperature seems off recently too.

Not sure exactly when it started, a week or two ago. It’s the vehicle temperature that seems wrong, as it’ll feel cool inside, but the heat won’t kick-in because the vehicle thinks the temperature is already hot inside.

The app seems to be reporting the same incorrect temperature (which is how I figured out the temp was not working right inside).

My app was saying 36 degrees inside the car today, and 20 outside! Which was completely wrong (it was reasonably cold outside)
It shows fine now, but it's a strange issue that I never saw before.

We had that earlier in the year- and it was >30C in the car and like a sauna and was still winter!
I found a very subtle error message on left of dashboard of HVAC control screen when car was parked about climate keeper being unavailable due to system error.
Next time it did it I logged a bug report and opened a service concern. Tesla replaced temperature and humidity sensors.
I would keep an eye on the HVAC control screen when in park. It is a really subtle error. Just a bit of text overlaid on dashboard.