Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Climate turned off because it has been on for 4 hours"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked the Teslafi raw data log and it didn't show that the Climate was on while parked during the supposed hours. It's like this was the opposite of the missing charge completed notification, except that this was possibly a false alert.

I’ve been getting the same alerts on the app for the past few weeks. Smart preconditioning is off. Android app has been updated at least twice since this has started, but no firmware update has been installed. Very strange.

recently ive been getting these notifications....dont think i have set anything new...is this a new "feature"??

Been doing that for a while. Last summer, I turned on the A/C before I left for lunch. I ended up walking to the restaurant and forgot I had turned it on. Got the notice 4 hours later. I was surprised, because I thought it was supposed to stay on indefinitely or until you reached 20% SOC (I was at about 70%). I don't use Smart Preconditioning either.

Did anyone ever figure this one out? After the latest update I have been getting this message a couple of times in the past week. Most recently it popped up on my phone while I was driving but the climate was still turned on and blowing which leads me to believe it is an issue with Tesla's servers and not the car itself.

I forgot about this issue, but my alerts have resolved after turning off the preconditioning. Now, does anybody else get these:

"Sentry mode has turned off due to a sentry system error."​

I get this every day at work. Roughly, or perhaps exactly, four hours after I park my car.

I just started getting this notification this week after the 2022.24.6 update. Did anyone ever figure this out or why it is happening? I haven't changed any setting for the past year, and now after that update I get it every morning but only when I get to work.

2022 Model Y

We started seeing this after driving to home to work -- but not when driving from work to home -- after the 24.5 update. I had hoped the 24.8 update would fix the problem but it hasn't. We went from 20.7 to 24.5 on 23-Aug-2022 but the alerts didn't start immediately so this seems like server side issue.

I'm so glad I found this thread! Mine has been doing it for three weeks. I thought maybe it had something to do with Optiwatt or Tezlab (I learned the hard way sometimes those apps can override charging schedules), but I don't have any climate controls set through those apps. Hopefully it's on their end and will be fixed soon.