Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Clogged Air Intake

First I apologized ahead of time. I really suck at searching this forum. Didn't find anything but I'm sure it's there.
I was cleaning Tobias today and for craps and giggles I pulled the 12V battery cover off just to snoop around. Upon inspection of the air intake the grates were completely covered in leaves. I pulled most out and shop vac'd the rest.
Has any one else had this issue?
We have had the bad sour odor and I have filters and cleaner on the way.

Regards,
Brad

Attachments

• 20190917_091953.jpg
    20190917_091953.jpg
    454.6 KB · Views: 83

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
First I apologized ahead of time. I really suck at searching this forum. Didn't find anything but I'm sure it's there.
I was cleaning Tobias today and for craps and giggles I pulled the 12V battery cover off just to snoop around. Upon inspection of the air intake the grates were completely covered in leaves. I pulled most out and shop vac'd the rest.
Has any one else had this issue?
We have had the bad sour odor and I have filters and cleaner on the way.

Regards,
Brad

so will this help w/ the bad sour odor or is the problem more of the deeper filter "mold"/ozone tx from other thred?

Last edited:

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC