Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Close to pulling the trigger on a 2015 Model S 70D with 59k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering buying a used 2015 model S 70D with 59k miles. Asking price is 32k.

has free super charge
Premium connection
And auto pilot all transferable

what are your thoughts on this, I’m going to take one last look at it tomorrow. Any advice on questions I should ask? Carfax is clean

thanks so much for any advice

Seems reasonable. I have a 5/2105 70D with 92k and it has been reasonable from a reliability standpoint. I don't think I could get 32k for it. But the lower mileage and maybe not some of my issues (some bumps).
The one thing to consider is that you have about 2 years left (more or less) on your battery and DU warranty. The battery comes close to totalling the car and the DU's would hurt. You are roughly $15k for the battery and $10k for the DU - and you have 2 of them. Neither would come with exceptionally long warranties if replaced so you would need to consider the salvage value of the car when one of these 3 items fail.
My car I value at $25k and down to $18k in 2 years when the warranty runs out. That way - the DU and battery total the car unless a repair is possible. I dare say these cars are worth a bit more on the west coast where non-Tesla repair shops exist.
The MCU should be upgraded if it hasn't been yet (or budgeted for when the time comes).
My repair costs have been modest - but I DIY and currently live with a few broken things. Probably $2500 if Tesla has done in the last 40k miles and I fixed everything.

Reactions: Qan2510
Seems reasonable. I have a 5/2105 70D with 92k and it has been reasonable from a reliability standpoint. I don't think I could get 32k for it. But the lower mileage and maybe not some of my issues (some bumps).
The one thing to consider is that you have about 2 years left (more or less) on your battery and DU warranty. The battery comes close to totalling the car and the DU's would hurt. You are roughly $15k for the battery and $10k for the DU - and you have 2 of them. Neither would come with exceptionally long warranties if replaced so you would need to consider the salvage value of the car when one of these 3 items fail.
My car I value at $25k and down to $18k in 2 years when the warranty runs out. That way - the DU and battery total the car unless a repair is possible. I dare say these cars are worth a bit more on the west coast where non-Tesla repair shops exist.
The MCU should be upgraded if it hasn't been yet (or budgeted for when the time comes).
My repair costs have been modest - but I DIY and currently live with a few broken things. Probably $2500 if Tesla has done in the last 40k miles and I fixed everything.

david, thanks for the communication! Helpful-
May hold off for newer model so I have the comfort of knowing I get more years on the battery and DU

question- have you had to replace the door handles in your model S? If so how much does that cost?