TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Blog Close Up of Model 3 Interior Looks Like Previous Close Ups

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TMC Staff, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TMC Staff

A new photo of a Model 3 release candidate surfaced over the weekend that suggests the production version of the interior won’t differ much from what we saw when the car was unveiled more than a year ago.

The new photo (above) was posted to the Tesla Model 3 Facebook Group by Thomas Preisler. It shows the closest detail...

READ ARTICLE

2. tashtibet

tashtibet Member

I like everything about the car except the infotainment just hanging like that is a bumper- wish it's embedded like model S & X and slightly turned towards the driver-since that's we have.

3. slipnslider

slipnslider Member

I wish it was embedded and smaller and accompanied by physical buttons and knobs, but I actually prefer perfect symmetry for some reason, like in my old Infiniti G35. It feels classier to me. I don't like car cockpits like the corvette where the dash and instrumentation is all built around the driver.

• Disagree x 2
  4. scottm

scottm Active Member

Compare it to what EV1 looked like in 1996.
    ev1dash.PNG
    EV1dash2.PNG

• Like x 5
  5. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

• Like x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  6. msnow

msnow Active Member

Wow, that interior and screen is ugly. My wife wants me to cancel our reservation but I'm holding out that Tesla will make changes.

7. hoang51

hoang51 Member

Most likely there will be very little changes if any. But the design is supposed to be minimalist. Your wife needs to understand that and you should explain that to her. If her expectation is for Tesla Model 3 to match amenities of other cars similarly built in the price range, she's looking at the wrong amenities at this time. Perhaps many years later the Model 3 will receive more amenities just as the Tesla Model S has changed over time (read: years). But the middle and single screen in the middle will most likely stay as designed.

8. Siciliano

Siciliano Member

#8 Siciliano, Jun 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2017
    Minimalist doesn't and shouldn't equal ugly. I actually LOVE the interior, and the sleek lines ...... until you get to the large display jutting out like it was just glued on a day ago. It literally kills all the lines inside the car - it's a nightmare aesthetically.

Elon is a genius and a true artist at heart who clearly pays a lot of attention to detail and aesthetics... so I very highly doubt he will leave the display unenclosed and jutting out like that.

• Like x 6
  9. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

The reaction to the reveal is going to be more informative than the reveal itself. :)

10. msnow

msnow Active Member

"Minimalist" and "ugly" are two different things. I own a Model S so I get and understand the minimalist concept but a screen just hanging off the dashboard isn't going to cut it for either of us. It cheapens it considerably so there's no need for me to explain anything to my wife that I don't believe in myself. If she wanted ugly I'd have her look at the Bolt. I really thought that after all the feedback Elon would have changed the screen and hatchback but I guess it adds too much cost or complexity right now. Too bad.

• Like x 3
  11. EdFerg

EdFerg Member

I agree. During the reveal not much was said about the interior. The Tesla site today has no photos of the M3 interior, except as part of a long shot of the entire vehicle. Makes me think it's either going to change, or Tesla doesn't want to focus on it as a selling point. My first impression of the display was that it’s a prototype device to be used until the interior design was finished. Maybe the large number of reservations told Tesla the design is fine as-is. Personally I'm OK with it, as this car is a paradigm shift. Likely we'll look back at today's ICE cars and be amused over the array of gauges and buttons.

12. AssortedBread

AssortedBread Member

Could somebody repost the picture, I don't have a Facebook account. Thanks in advance.

In other news it looks like the revised steering wheel.

Heres the final steering wheel on the Release Candidates in higher detail.

lRzvhBd.jpg

13. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

A vocal minority on the forum would make it seem the best way to anti-sell the Model 3 would be just to reveal the interior.

The dash isn't even on my radar of things I, or my wife, care about...so we don't really understand the negative response it's getting. Of course, everyone has different priorities, but I'm fairly confident that if the dash remains unchanged the Model 3 will sell quite well.

• Like x 2
  14. LBusDoor90

LBusDoor90 Member

Every time I read a couple posts in these threads about the supposedly disappointing interior or the need to turn one's head a few degrees to see the speed, this video starts playing in my head...

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I can relate to the wifi not reaching the entire house. The struggle is real.

In other news, I donate to solar projects in Africa so I'm allowed to complain about my wifi.

• Like x 1
  16. xav-

xav- Member

I like it too. The 15 inch touch screen alone make it better than anything out there but the model s or model x

The Germans make better looking interiors for sure but it's not user friendly at all. Kind of like using a blackberry over an iPhone.

17. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I am trying to understand why the OP linked to an "Article" page called a "blog" instead of creating a thread. Comments are allowed on the "blog" page and the comment section quickly turned into the exact same discussion about the Model 3 interior that has occurred in multiple threads over the past 14 months since the Model 3 reveal.

What makes that a blog? Why not just start a thread?

18. Candleflame

Candleflame Member

The times when Model S didnt even have parking sensors. xD Not that you really need them in america anyways.