Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Closing Model X Windows From App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to understand the remote window operation (or lack thereof). For Model X you can vent the windows from the native Tesla app, but not close them. On other models I understand you can close too. Why?! Can’t be safety, same auto pinch system exists... can’t be electro-mechanical, if you can send a signal to roll down, you can send signal to roll up - proof: during my 1 week trial of 3rd party app “Tessie” it had commands that allowed rolling up that worked, in fact, I believe it would do full roll downs, not just vent, but I know it could roll up. I even made a Siri voice shortcut to be able to do it from Apple Watch. Definitely a first world problem, but of all the electronic novelties in this car, that one could actually be useful for rain, etc. Tessie was fine for a trial, but I despise and avoid subscriptions wherever possible, not to mention the hit and miss in 3rd party apps and preventing sleeping. Anyone have a method to close the windows from the home assistant integration perhaps or lucky enough to have a Tesla app developer here that knows why it can’t be functionality in the native app?

Non-app methods of achieving what you're trying to do have become complicated because Tesla changed their app login process. The Remote for Tesla app can do it with no subscription fees and it has Siri support for Apple Watch as well. It also doesn't prevent your car from sleeping, because the app takes phantom drain seriously and does its best to eliminate it.

Trying to understand the remote window operation (or lack thereof). For Model X you can vent the windows from the native Tesla app, but not close them. On other models I understand you can close too. Why?! Can’t be safety, same auto pinch system exists... can’t be electro-mechanical, if you can send a signal to roll down, you can send signal to roll up - proof: during my 1 week trial of 3rd party app “Tessie” it had commands that allowed rolling up that worked, in fact, I believe it would do full roll downs, not just vent, but I know it could roll up. I even made a Siri voice shortcut to be able to do it from Apple Watch. Definitely a first world problem, but of all the electronic novelties in this car, that one could actually be useful for rain, etc. Tessie was fine for a trial, but I despise and avoid subscriptions wherever possible, not to mention the hit and miss in 3rd party apps and preventing sleeping. Anyone have a method to close the windows from the home assistant integration perhaps or lucky enough to have a Tesla app developer here that knows why it can’t be functionality in the native app?
I’ve been wondering the same thing for 3 yrs since I’ve had my X, also one if the main reasons I got the Remote for Tesla app. What really stinks is I’ve heard rumors that because the X & S “cannot roll the Windows up from the app” is the reason why we didn’t get the only feature that I was looking forward to in the latest software release, car wash mode. Annoying.

Having played around with Tessie a bit today I'm rapidly becoming a Fan, I like the User Interface and have also now installed in on my Android Tablet (Mi 5 which I can recommend by the way) at no apparent additional cost, I really like using it on the larger screen real estate.