Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Closing the front doors vs rear doors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my M3LR today. One thing I noticed is the front doors tend to be harder to close than the rear doors. Seems like I need to put in extra effort in order to fully close the front doors. Same for both driver side and passenger side door. Anyone notice the same thing? Is it something that I should contact service dept to fix/adjust?

Reactions: StoXto3toY
Just picked up my M3LR today. One thing I noticed is the front doors tend to be harder to close than the rear doors. Seems like I need to put in extra effort in order to fully close the front doors. Same for both driver side and passenger side door. Anyone notice the same thing? Is it something that I should contact service dept to fix/adjust?
picked up my '21 SR+ a couple days ago and have issue...

I haven't really noticed a difference when closing front or rear doors, as long as my hands weren't holding stuff. But, when taking things (groceries, boxes, etc) out of the back seat, then closing the door, it sometimes feels harder to do, because I push the door with my elbow. Maybe the front doors are slightly heavier than rear doors? Unless it's a major issue, I'd just go with it as is. Congrats on your new Tesla!

+1 on adjusting the strikers.

Not sure if a service center will adjust strikers for you or not. If you care to do it yourself, you need a T45 Torx bit for the striker screws.

Although keep in mind that if you adjust the strikers to make it easier to close the doors, you may also find that the doors won’t escape the latch as reliably when opening the doors, which can be a minor annoyance, especially if you have passengers who don’t know to push outward on the door when pressing the button when opening the door from the inside.

D8677BCB-FF24-4942-BFDE-E3DC300AD56E.jpeg
57DC9D5E-0D1C-4C25-8CAD-6AD99CD2C51C.jpeg

That are for all the new owners on here (late 2020 and early 2021 build date, deliveries) give the weather stripping around the doors, windows etc a few months to break in.... warmer weather and a few weeks to months of harder closes will eventually do the trick.

As those issues subside and you rack up miles - other issues will replace these. Rattles, creaks, premature suspension wear, wheel or tire damage, glass damage, frontal area paint damage (or PPF damage), headlight or tailight moisture or partial failures or stress cracks, battery degredation (imagined or real), etc.

So enjoy the benign while it lasts.

Reactions: MyMYLRnw