TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cloth headliner issue?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by markb1, Mar 30, 2013.

1. markb1

markb1 Active Member

Could anyone with cloth headliner in their Model S take a look at where the cloth meets the windshield? On mine, there's just a bare exposed edge, and I'm wondering if it's like that for everyone. I'm thinking it's either supposed to be tucked in (though it appears to be cut too short to do so) or there's some trim piece that is missing. Not easy to photograph, but this will give you an idea of the location:

IMG_0689.JPG

2. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

I cannot tell from your photo what is the question. Looks fine to me.

3. markb1

markb1 Active Member

The cut edge of the fabric is exposed. You can actually see the ends of the threads. There's no other place in the car where there's a raw edge like this. It looks like it could become frayed.

I would expect there to either be a trim piece that covers the edge of the fabric, or for the edge to be folded underneath and hidden.

4. Laumb

Laumb smrtass.

It looks like the cloth is just cut along the edge of the roof panel, and just glued to the panel with a rough edge against the windshield.

I cannot speak for Tesla, but for comparison, my Saab is like that.