TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Clothes Hooks for back seat of your Tesla

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Elctrek, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

Nice find. You should comment on Amazon to counter the couple 1-star reviews, if you thought they worked well. One review said they couldn't even get them to stick to glass.

3. Elctrek

Elctrek Darth Voltage

Done

4. rekoh

rekoh Member

5. tliving

tliving Member

I got the Evannex coat hooks and they work great. Im not associated with Evannex and I did a review here:
    Tesla Model S Coat Hooks Review | Tesla Living

They're cheap (about $14) and they slip on and work as you'd expect. They're better than any of the solutions I looked for on Amazon etc before they came out.

6. rekoh

rekoh Member

the link I posted to ebay (or search yourself for POM hooks) is for the same hooks that evannex marks up and sells.

7. electriclife

electriclife Member

Not a big fan of the suction cup. I found these ones through facebook though www.evhooks.com. Just ordered a pair and using 'autopilot' got me 15% off.

8. kort677

kort677 Banned

9. electriclife

electriclife Member

those work I guess. I like how the EV Hooks ones blend into the interior of the Model S and look like they're part of the car. $30 at the end of the day isn't much when you're treating your Model S :)

• Like x 1
  10. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Just got these off ebay, love the logos 1.png

11. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

I bought some of those headliner hooks as well, but have found that I prefer to lay my suit coat flat on the parcel shelf in the back rather than use those hooks. The parcel shelf is the perfect place, and my coat is always nice and wrinkle free. It doesn't slide around either because of the carpet on the shelf, even under spirited driving.

• Like x 1
  12. Aeg07046

Aeg07046 Member

That looks great. I can't find it on eBay though. Do you have a link?

13. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Hummm, not sure. They always were there. The manufacture is www.evampedup.com

14. kort677

kort677 Banned

note that for the model S you need the premium front seats for those hooks to be compatible

• Informative x 1
  15. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

True. But they also make a glass roof clip-on model, if you do not have those seats.

16. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Member

Can someone explain how the headliner coat hooks (for a new glass roof Model S) do not cause stress on the headliner? That is, is there a firm ledge to support the weight, or is it fragile? Does any material get worn after extended usage in the same spot?

17. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

There is a aluminum lip, very strong. And no, they do not show any wear or tear. Have had mine for over a year.

18. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Member

Great--thank you.

• Like x 1
  19. SilkySmooth

SilkySmooth Member

I bought the Evannex coat hooks and they fit the headliner on a new 75D with an all glass roof. But I'm a bit unnerved by these because the headliner bulkhead is quite flexible and not attached to the frame, and doesn't at all appear designed to bear much weight, unlike any other car where the hook is anchored to the frame. So I'm worried about someone accidentally pulling down on a garment too much. Or, since there are no grab handles anywhere, someone reflexively pulling on that hook. Or even a kid innocently pulling on it, just because it is there. I know the hook documentation says not to apply more than 4 lbs of weight to the hook, so I wonder if anyone has had a mishap with aftermarket coat hooks.