Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloths to wipe down interior and exterior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What type of cloth would you recommend to wipe down the interior and exterior of a Tesla? I've tried some general cleaning rags on the interior and noticed that they leave some lint behind. Inside I basically just want to wipe the dust, keep the seats and doors clean and maybe wipe down the glass.

Outside, I'd like to get into a routine of washing the car regularly. I have used older t shirts and towels before and notice that they also leave some fibers behind. Would you recommend using a microfiber cloth or chamois? Any particular cleaner for the outside?

Thanks...

Thanks very much. Any specific brand of microfiber towel you recommend? Is it ok to use the microfiber towel without wetting it with a spray? Would you recommend 303 spray with a microfiber towel?

For the exterior, what kind of soap do you use?

Thanks very much. Any specific brand of microfiber towel you recommend? Is it ok to use the microfiber towel without wetting it with a spray? Would you recommend 303 spray with a microfiber towel?

For the exterior, what kind of soap do you use?
For the microfiber towels, the ones I've got are either from Target or Walmart. I would use generic ones from Amazon as well. I always use some sort of spray such as Gyeon leather spray or Chemical Guys interior cleaner, so I haven't really wiped down the interior with just the microfiber towel. But I imagine it would be fine. I certainly wouldn't have any reservations about it.

I use Zaino stuff (wash and polish) on the exterior. I think most people here probably use some sort of newer ceramic coating/cleaners, and I've not seen many mentions of Zaino, so perhaps Zaino is outdated stuff. I've used them for years though and do like the results.

For the microfiber towels, the ones I've got are either from Target or Walmart. I would use generic ones from Amazon as well. I always use some sort of spray such as Gyeon leather spray or Chemical Guys interior cleaner, so I haven't really wiped down the interior with just the microfiber towel. But I imagine it would be fine. I certainly wouldn't have any reservations about it.

I use Zaino stuff (wash and polish) on the exterior. I think most people here probably use some sort of newer ceramic coating/cleaners, and I've not seen many mentions of Zaino, so perhaps Zaino is outdated stuff. I've used them for years though and do like the results.
Thanks very much!

For paint, definitely get some good quality microfiber towels. The ones from Costco are for utility use, and I'd never touch paint with them.

I'd highly recommend "The Rag Company" for great deals on everything microfiber. They're running a 20% off sale right now too. The Rag Company | Premium Microfiber and Car Detailing Supplies

I have a ton of their products and they've all been great. It also helps that they're local to me in Boise Idaho, and they run a special once a year for Porsche Club members at their open house where I can stock up at crazy good prices.

For paint, definitely get some good quality microfiber towels. The ones from Costco are for utility use, and I'd never touch paint with them.

I'd highly recommend "The Rag Company" for great deals on everything microfiber. They're running a 20% off sale right now too. The Rag Company | Premium Microfiber and Car Detailing Supplies

I have a ton of their products and they've all been great. It also helps that they're local to me in Boise Idaho, and they run a special once a year for Porsche Club members at their open house where I can stock up at crazy good prices.
Thank you! Ordering one of their multi-towel kits

For the interior, a lot of people suggest baby wipes without scent

Outside, if ceramic finished it will be easy to maintain
Then ceramic friendly, two bucket hand wash with a microfiber glove and then dry with microfiber

Watch YouTube for two bucket wash

I use a feather duster to quickly dust the interior. I have never needed to use more than a microfiber cloth and a small container filled with water and a couple of drops of liquid dish washing detergent to clean the seats. I wring out the cloth until damp before wiping down the seats. Any liquid applied to the seat covers will penetrate into the padding layers.

A lot of us Tesla owners applied this to the seats and steering wheel once cleaned

1688260085521.jpeg

Thank you all for your replies. I've purchased a microfiber glove from Amazon and some microfiber rags from the Rag Company. For washing these items, is it ok to run through the wash with other clothes and then hang dry them or better to wash separately?

Thank you all for your replies. I've purchased a microfiber glove from Amazon and some microfiber rags from the Rag Company. For washing these items, is it ok to run through the wash with other clothes and then hang dry them or better to wash separately?
No, no, no! One run through the wash with your microfibers and other clothes will ruin them! All the lint from the clothes will get permanently trapped in your micros! Wash your micros separately and don't use any heat to dry them. I use the wash detergent made by "The Rag Company". It only takes a small capful to do a load.

I attended a "tech day" at The Rag Company HQ here in Boise, and they spent a lot of time going over how to care for your micros. I've got some that are several years old and still doing well thanks to proper care.

• Helpful
Reactions: jcanoe