Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Club Tesla Quebec Gatherings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No we haven't looked at that option. Toto went a couple of weeks ago and the site opens for general public on Thursdays and Saturdays. You can race against the top ICEs or other electrics or modified Civics ;-) That'd be fun to see a couple of Model S or Roadsters challenging ICEs

Strange. the website says Tuesday evenings. I will give them a call and also look at the private track rental thing (not sure im so down to be "racing" against other public cars). When i was on the track about a month ago it was privately rented by Le Guide de L'Auto so something different altogether.

By the way, if anyone wants to have a look, CTV news Montreal did a piece on Tesla a few weeks ago. They were at my house to interview me.... Here is the link... Interesting but, as always, the reporters always make mistakes!

Can Tesla turn Quebecers on to electric cars? | CTV Montreal News

Here is the icar website information:

Venez tester les limites de votre véhicule et de vos réflexes sur notre circuit technique et rapide de 3.4km, conforme ASN/FIA. Une expérience de conduite ultime dans un environnement professionnel, moderne et sécuritaire, offert exclusivement aux membres d’ICAR LeClub.

SOIRÉES LAPPING ICAR LE CLUB

Tous les mardis de 17h à 22h, venez avec vos amis tester vos réflexes sur notre circuit routier

Carte de membre ICAR LeClub stage 1 - 60$ valide pour 1 ans et obligatoire pour rouler

Session de lapping 20 minutes - 30$

Spécial d’introduction:
Pour seulement 199$ vous obtiendrez:
Un cours de formation de 2 heures. (cours théorique de 30 minutes)
Une adhésion d’un an au Club ICAR.
3 coupons, chacun valide pour une session de lapping.

Hey all,

I live in the Montreal area (actually I'm not sure Lacolle is still Montreal area, but anyways, if you ever road trip to the us, feel free to charge at my place ... I'm on plugshare) and only joined the forum today (had my Model S since February though). Just wanted to let you know that I'm all in favor of a little road trip for the next event, and you can surely count me in ! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

golojap,

Did I meet you at Reno Depot in Candiac a couple months ago? You had two kids in the back in the jump seats... If so, hi again! Either way, welcome to the forums! :)

hey zax123, yes, exactly... I posted a message on the thread about your car's pics yesterday (but you might not have seen it yet) ... here

I was asking about the place where you got your windows tinted (like the job they did on your car, at least on the pics it looks nice), 'cause I need to tint my hatch to protect my kids from the sun.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you again.

Hey guys, we're thinking of getting a MS and had a couple questions I hoped you could answer. How does the car handle in the winter with all the snow? Any issues getting around or up the Boulevard in Westmount, Atwater, Cote-des-neiges, etc, before they've cleaned the streets? Really mostly concerned about how it handles and how range is affected in the winter.

Thanks!

It's a rwd car so can't do magic in harsh conditions. Let's put it this way, I'm going to use my S in the winter but will pass on 10cm+ snowfalls (5-10 days a year)

Toto will also come back to us for iCar. Thanks znino for the info, I will post the new date here for the iCar gathering but seems like Tuesday is for lapping. I'd prefer drag race (straight line, quarter mile). Less demanding for the car.

Hey guys, we're thinking of getting a MS and had a couple questions I hoped you could answer. How does the car handle in the winter with all the snow? Any issues getting around or up the Boulevard in Westmount, Atwater, Cote-des-neiges, etc, before they've cleaned the streets? Really mostly concerned about how it handles and how range is affected in the winter.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

For what it's worth, I drove my (then brand new) model S the day of the last large snowfall in mid-march, using Nokian Hakka 7 winter tires on the stock 19' rims. My driveway at home has a decent slope, and had not been plowed at all, and the car went up without a hitch. As well I work downtown at the Royal Vic, and going up the notorious slope on Pine avenue (where cars often move sideways...) was flawless. The only time I noticed anything was on Parc when in deep snow the TC was too aggressive and was inappropriately slowing the car, solved by disabling TC.

I hope that Tesla will eventually add a "snow mode" TC in a future firmware upgrade, which should not be a big technical challenge.

This being said, the ONLY thing that would make me consider trading my P85 S would be an AWD variant. Model X was my first choice (I have 4 young kids), but may end up being my second EV when my AWD Sienna dies.

There is a long thread about Winter Driving Experiences, with many comments from Quebec drivers who got their cars last December.

In terms of range, it depends on temperature, but for typical Quebec winters expect 10-20% reduction. This will be reduced if you can plug your car while in the cold, since battery warming uses shore power in the latest firmware version.

Last edited:
Guys,

Here is the proposal for the next gathering. Gilles Villeneuve Circuit à Route inconnue - Google Maps (path subject to small change)

First stop: 7pm Parc Jean Drapeau, Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve and then driving in Montreal tentatively all together
Second Stop: 7:40pm On the Mont-Royal for those that can't make the CG-V
Last stop: 8:30pm driving through Montreal until Centropolis in Laval, total time 90-120 min

3 tentative dates, 26th 7pm, 27th 7pm or 30th 2pm. Please let me know asap if you wish to attend and which date.

PS I will go for the date with the maximum attendees. Will post results soon.

PB

Good night,

Ok, here is what I got from TMC and off-TMC.

26th: 4
27th: 4
30th: 7 + 2 iffy

So the 30th is the winner. Really sorry for the ones that cannot make it. We will organize other gatherings during the summer time.

Meeting point is the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve @ 3pm on Sunday the 30th (had to push it a bit). End point Centropolis, Laval. PM me for more information

Gilles Villeneuve Circuit à Route inconnue - Google Maps

PB

Reminder of our Tesla gathering on Sunday 3pm at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve. Here is a bit more details on the itinerary. Meeting point is at CCGV at parking sopt called P1 close to l'épingle.

Gilles Villeneuve Circuit à Route inconnue - Google Maps

• 3h00 arrivée au CCGV P1 (voir plan)
• 3h20 départ vers le Mont-Royal
• 4h00 arrivée sur le Mont-Royal (Stationnement Public sur Camilien Houde près des Amis de la Montagne)
• 4h10 départ vers Centropolis Laval
• 4h45 arrivée au Centropolis Laval (J’avais pensé au stationnement aux côtés du Moomba)

7 confirmed and 2 tentative, anyone who wants to join is welcome

PB

Here are a few pics I took on Sunday. We had a fun (yet slow) time on the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve F1 track (only Grand Prix track in North America), and then we drove through town, to a lookout on Mount Royal and to a trendy spot called Centropolis in Laval.

2013-06-30 15.30.27.jpg
2013-06-30 15.41.07.jpg
2013-06-30 15.41.18.jpg
2013-06-30 16.44.12.jpg
2013-06-30 16.44.19.jpg
2013-06-30 16.44.23.jpg
2013-06-30 17.27.57.jpg

Thanks zax123, good pics and thanks to those participating to the event. A special thanks toto_48313 for the idea of the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve and for znino for the pace car. We didn't quite respect the 30 limit on the track after all... Following the grid set up, we all launched like rockets but had to brake almost right away and at the last turn, we spaced our cars to allow driving the curve at full acceleration/speed. I still hear DC's drifting tires...

Next event will be iCAR in early August, some will also join the New England Tesla Club for a Mount Washington ride on August 3rd. Stay tuned

Other pics:

See our Teslas on a shiny day... for a change

IMG_00000084.jpg

Always fun to discuss with our peers, some brought their childs. Nice that they can also live the Teslamania.

IMG_00000078.jpg

My son seems to like Roadsters, after DJP's, here is znino's. I really like metallic colors. This green is amazing!!!

IMG_00000083.jpg

IMG_00000087.jpg

Riding on the highway to our end destination in formation

IMG_00000090.jpg

Final destination, parked at the AddEnergy (ReseauVer) at Centropolis parking spots (2) that we converted into 5.

IMG_00000095.jpg

Last edited: