Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clueless Tesla employees (again)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had to replace a 19" tire on my 2019 MS Raven, and I was clear about getting the exact same replacement, Goodyear Eagle Touring T1, and not the less efficient T0. The letter designation is clearly stamped on the tire. Without fail, they put on the T0 (of course). When I pointed out the difference between the tires, they had no idea what I was talking about. Not even their parts guys knew there was such a thing as T1 or T0 tires, and they were unable to find one in their catalog. They even resorted to reading the forums to find out. I couldn't believe it; I can order the T1s at any decent tire center, but not a Tesla service center.

In the past they have also lost the title to a car I purchased in full, so i was unable to register it, even after the temporary registration expired (also stopped responding to my inquiries, so I had to contact corporate).

Forgot to add the car delivery date on the invoice, which made me ineligible to get CA rebate - and refused to updated it post delivery.

Took 3 months to get my Supercharging miles, only after I harassed them every week.

Had no idea there are 2 mobile chargers running at different voltages (Gen 1 vs 2).

Delivered the car to the wrong Tesla location, nowhere near my house.

Wanted to charge me a diagnostic fee, even though the car was under warranty; 10 months old with 8,000 miles.

This is not a complete list, but is it company policy to hire only morons? They seem to be unable to correctly do even the most basic job task. While the cars are wonderful, I cringe every time I need to interact with a Tesla employee. I've gone from "you should absolutely by a Tesla", to "the cars are great, but...".

LA service centers are so clueless. Always try to charge me for things even when I have warranty. When I point that I have a warranty they just go "oh ok..." Do they get a bonus if they successfully charge people that don't realize they have warranty?

• Funny
Reactions: Majerus