Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunk noise during left turn into an incline - anyone the same?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally decided to take the entire front suspension apart and found the problem. It was the upper control arm. The part that holds the knuckle was completely drain of all the fluid. It left to the joint free to move around and clunking as the suspension went up and down. Instead of getting it replace with the same old Telsa defective part, I opted to go with the MPP FUCA. Now the car is riding perfect with no noise and a better handling responsiveness.
Upper control arm ball joint out of grease?

Guys, it is really shame to share my findings but... My clunk noise is gone when I switch to "Slip start".
I assume this noise was the normal reaction of ESP. Most probably one wheel was not touching the ground during the incline while turning causing this crack. Shame :)

Last edited:
Reactions: WyoDude
Alef: Why is it a shame to share your findings? You may have found the solution to this (minor) issue.
I've got almost 51k miles, still with occasional crunch/clunk when turning right into an uphill driveway. I've always thought it was an ESP glitch, and have chosen to just ignore it.
I will try it later today with "slip start"

Alef: Why is it a shame to share your findings? You may have found the solution to this (minor) issue.
I've got almost 51k miles, still with occasional crunch/clunk when turning right into an uphill driveway. I've always thought it was an ESP glitch, and have chosen to just ignore it.
I will try it later today with "slip start"
Because I am an engineer :) This should have been the first thing that should have been assumed. But you are right, @Pianewman, I am very demanding of myself