Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunk/ thump from driver front over bumps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there anyone who discovered the problem and solved it for good?
Yes. I've found and fixed multiple nvh squeaks/thunks/creaks on OEM and aftermarket suspension parts. It can be frustrating and Tesla suspension certainly has a few different durability issues. Service will do their best, but they're not always real experienced and certainly not invested enough to make your car perfect like the customer may want. Jack up your car, go under the car or into the wheel wells and/or under your frunk cover. Use a flashlight to check bushings, push/pull on your ball joints, try to tighten screws/nuts/bolts even if they don't appear loose. Get a friend to ride with you or stand outside the car to help pinpoint where noises may come from. Sway bars can be disconnected temporarily to get more travel or eliminate them as root cause.

Reactions: TimTam
See above. I put the car up on jack stands, grabbed my wrenches, sockets, and torque wrenches, wiggled everything I could, and tightened everything to spec per the service manual.

In my case, both the driver side damper bushing bolt and the passenger side compression arm ball joint were insufficiently torqued (the former was my fault and the latter was a mystery). The car is as close to silent as I can get it now, and I am notoriously fussy about that. It’s a pain (plan on 3 hours) but imho totally worth it.

Unfortunately, I've already checked everything, but I didn't have any loose nuts or bolts. Having already brought the car to the service they had checked everything, in fact on each bolt I have 2 marks made with the pen.

So the noise I hear is not due to incorrect tightenings, I think it's some faulty jointball, or faulty suspension, but still the service says that everything is normal, but it's not the case. It can't be that there is this noise at every hole I take.

Unfortunately, I've already checked everything, but I didn't have any loose nuts or bolts. Having already brought the car to the service they had checked everything, in fact on each bolt I have 2 marks made with the pen.

So the noise I hear is not due to incorrect tightenings, I think it's some faulty jointball, or faulty suspension, but still the service says that everything is normal, but it's not the case. It can't be that there is this noise at every hole I take.
How many miles on the car?