Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunking from the L front CV joint with creaking sound when going up/down driveway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 LRPerf (Stealth) currently with 9K miles on it was built in Freemont in June 2020. I took possession in mid July as original owner.

When exiting my driveway the suspension has always has a little creek/groan. I've assumed that this was normal as the car was just coming out of the garage and was "stiff". I just started noticing (I'm driving with the windows down in the Texas spring) that the car groans when going up drive way too.

From the day I picked it up there has been a clunking sound that comes from the L CV joint area when I made ANY right turn. This past month I'm noticing the clunk comes in L turn as well. The original CLUNK now is reduced to a tick-tick-tick-tick.... (or click-click-click-click......) sound. I know there have been a lot of issues with the suspension talked about in the other forums. I'm trying to figure out if this is normal or is this a service issue? I had an appointment scheduled in October but I got CV-19 and had to cancel appt. Should I get in-line and have this looked at or is this normal? Thank you in advance.

Lots of discussion on this topic on this forum too. Some conclusive, most inconclusive.

People swap LCAs, UCAs, end links, anti-sway bars, control arm bushings, etc and either eliminate the issues completely or for some time... or introduce new ones.

My M3 LRPerf (Stealth) currently with 9K miles on it was built in Freemont in June 2020. I took possession in mid July as original owner.

When exiting my driveway the suspension has always has a little creek/groan. I've assumed that this was normal as the car was just coming out of the garage and was "stiff". I just started noticing (I'm driving with the windows down in the Texas spring) that the car groans when going up drive way too.

From the day I picked it up there has been a clunking sound that comes from the L CV joint area when I made ANY right turn. This past month I'm noticing the clunk comes in L turn as well. The original CLUNK now is reduced to a tick-tick-tick-tick.... (or click-click-click-click......) sound. I know there have been a lot of issues with the suspension talked about in the other forums. I'm trying to figure out if this is normal or is this a service issue? I had an appointment scheduled in October but I got CV-19 and had to cancel appt. Should I get in-line and have this looked at or is this normal? Thank you in advance.
I don’t have an answer for you here but my model X with 8k miles does the exact same thing beginning when I brought it home. Have you had any luck figuring it out? TIA.