Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clunking sound from front-right side of car when stopping.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed this twice on my way home today. When I hit the brakes (slow speed to a full stop) I heard a clunk from the front-right side of the vehicle. I don't have anything in the frunk. It sounded like something was hanging under the vehicle or something but I looked under there and see nothing obvious (I don't have a jack). Obviously I will keep listening for it and contact Tesla if it keeps it up but was curious if anybody had any ideas, thanks.

Possibly a loose bolt on the tie-rod arm.

Do not take NO for an answer, and wait to get a scheduled appointment.
Waiting to get it looked at could result in your car becoming immobile and needing to be towed in.

First thing in the morning when you have time, Drive the car in to the Service Center, tell them it is urgent that it be looked at.
(I do have the T-shirt.)

Interestingly enough I received a call from my local Tesla Service Center regarding this post. It was a bit surprising but a pleasant one. I'm surprised they would have noticed this, but I guess my username made me easy to track down :)