TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cluster takes awhile to load

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tesiono, Apr 19, 2017.

1. tesiono

tesiono Member

is this considered normal?

when i get into my model s in the morning or after long period of no activity(i dont know if this is the right term) i assume the car idles and does a shut down of the system after awhile?

it takes the cluster about 10 secs to load up, it will show the T logo with a black background. the center touchscreen loads up almost instantly.

its a 2012 signature model s

2. slipnslider

slipnslider Member

Ah new technology. Thank god we are getting read of all the old analog instrumentation that always worked because PROGRESS!

3. chillaban

chillaban Active Member

Old instrument clusters weren't instant-on either. I worked on them before and they also have around a 10 second boot time, but in an ICE all of that time is masked by the ignition process. We even built in a needle sweep and a multi-second christmas lights sequence to mask the amount of time the user thought it took before the instrument cluster was ready…

4. sgmorton

sgmorton Member

For what it's worth it feels slower to me lately than it has been a few months ago.

5. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

10 sec to boot is fine. If you want it to be fast, you. An turn off energy save mode but it will drain more battery just sitting there as it keeps system ready.