TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

CNBC: Future for electric cars

Discussion in 'Video' started by doug, Jan 16, 2009.

1. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Nov 28, 2006
    16,254 Video Player

Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla Motors, and John Waters of Bright Automotive discuss the future for alternative-fuel vehicles (CNBC)
  2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2007
    A cut out of that video with Elon's comments on government loans.
  3. Palpatine

Palpatine Banned

Sep 6, 2008
    I am basically a Tesla Motors and Elon Musk fan and I want to see them be hugely successful. But I think Tesla does need the government loan to survive. Tesla Motors does not have a future with merely the Roadster. It is too low of a volume to support the entire staff. It might be profitable on a per unit basis, but not when all of the corporate staff and R&D engineers are assigned to the Roadster.

Tesla Motors needs the Sedan to spread their overhead costs over more vehicles. The Roadster will also fail unless the Model S program moves forward.