Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CNBC wants your opinions on Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We'll see what they do with it, but I just emailed the following during a slow meeting:

Date: August 26, 2013, 15:34:38 EDT
To: [email protected]
Subject: Tesla owner opinion

Model S 85 with nearly all options, reserved 11/13/12 and delivered 3/6/13, 7400 enjoyable miles.

It cost twice what I paid for my prior car 2011 Audi A4) but is well worth it. Daily commuting, errands, road trips to NYC, Adirondacks and New Hampshire with our five children. Have carried bikes inside with seats folded and now outside with an added Torklift Eco-hitch and Thule rack. Drove Mt Washington twice, on our own in June and with a group of Teslas this month. It not only replaced my A4, but is used instead of our minivan thanks to 5+2 seating, tons of space, and economics. Electric bill (separate meter) of only $50-100 per month, usually closer to $50.

It's a sports car, luxury car, family car and small SUV or minivan all in one that's a dream to drive, silent, gets 90 mpg-e and is incredibly safe. Consumer Reports was right:

Best. Car. Ever.

-Peter

Cambridge, MA USA

This was my entry:

I was not a car guy. Just wanted to use my solar panels to fuel a vehicle. But it had to have range. Enter the Model S. But what a surprise! It's the best vehicle I've ever been in! I'm in love! And I'm not the only one. At a gathering of Tesla owners that was a fund raiser to place charging stations throughout Eastern Washington State, when one owner was asked if she loved her car she replied, "I'm no longer sure which I love more…my car or my husband". That statement sums up the feeling of being a Tesla Model S owner as well as anything.

Maybe people should include some stories as well of how the car is practical in real life for things most people don't know about. Particularly to break the notion that it is just a city car or the myth of range anxiety.

Just an idea:
You guys should address range anxiety (pointing out you were never left stranded) and provide a few specific figures on total electric bill for charging the car vs miles driven. With these fuel prices, it would surely be interesting to see how little an EV costs per mile. Add to that, you could also point out the almost non-existent service costs compared to you annual spend on your last ICE.

I only drive on the weekends, plus i live in a small country. But even so, I drove something like 4500 miles this year so far, which cost me 800 Dollars of fuel and 200 in materials for maintenance (with my brother-in-law, a car mechanic, doing stuff for free!). Even with our electricity prices and no Superchargers, this would have been a 300 Dollar electric bill, and that's it. The more you drive, the higher the savings are.

My contribution was from my Why We Need to Fight For Tesla Article:

"As a race car driver, my opinion on the performance of the vehicle is this: The Tesla Model S is a masterpiece. With incredible power from the moment you touch the accelerator (no need to build up rpm) to a world-class suspension coupled with the lowest center of gravity of any sedan, this car from top to bottom is the best street vehicle I have ever driven."

I added "Please feel free to email me if you would like to hear more about what I can only describe as, simply the best car in the world." :)