Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CNCDA goes after Tesla's manufacturing license in CA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Dealer's FB page has a great comment by Jim Chen (bolding by me)

Actually, couldn't one argue correctly that Tesla is actually underestimating the savings for consumers?

Tesla doesn't include the value of the time the consumer saves by not having to waste time at a dealership: wasting hours on the games played with negotiating with the sales manager via the floor salesperson, rebuffing high-pressure sales tactics, declining the overpriced and heavily pushed dealer add-ons and spending travel/research time price-shopping across dealers? Also less overall time wasted getting routine service like overpriced oil changes and spark plugs?

My time is valuable. The extra time I get to spend with my family is priceless compared to the hours one can waste at a traditional dealership to buy a car.

While there are some ethical new car dealers out there, sadly they seem to be in the minority. I get that the car dealers feel threatened by a direct sales model, and I feel for those who may lose their jobs in the future. But if the CNCDA really thinks they add value to the consumers, I'd really love to see them adapt and compete in the marketplace, rather than with these silly games that only bring attention to this business model. If all the new car dealerships acted ethically and honorably in their dealings with customers, you guys wouldn't get this kind of push-back.

September 23 at 4:40pm · Edited · Unlike · 3