TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

CNN: Inside the Tesla Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by dpeilow, Nov 6, 2011.

1. GSP

GSP Member

Glad to see such high praise from the mainstream press. Tesla certainly deserves it. Nice video with Elon as well.

GSP

2. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Looks like a blend of post-tax-credit and pre-tax-credit prices in the same breath?! Surely, the Sig's not going to be 'just' $80k while the 300-mile non-Sig's $77k all pre-tax-credit?! More fuzzy math from journalists!

And, yeah, more confirmation that having to turn off video on the screen would be required by local law.

3. gg_got_a_tesla

4. Mycroft

Mycroft Life happens

I agree, it's nice to see something positive. Of course it's not from any of the gear-head sites. :smile: I think that once they're allowed to drive the RC's next year, they'll change their tune in a hurry - especially if they get their hands on the performance model.

5. NigelM

NigelM Recovering Member

And I thought that the estimated driving range depended on the battery capacity.....

Sloppy writing.:rolleyes:

6. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

So, as some speculated, sport performance won't kill range (unless you use it)

7. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

I thought this bit about the jump seats was most interesting:

8. jimbakker666

jimbakker666 Member

Yep, seems like some things are starting to turn positive for Tesla in the press for once. I love it, can't wait until the beginning of next year when a little more marketing starts to kick in.

GSP? From Montreal?

9. gg_got_a_tesla

Speaking of marketing, late next year or in early 2013, I do hope Tesla works with the really creative ad agencies such as the one that helped Apple sell millions of iDevices with some really groovy ads! The Steve Jobs biography talks extensively about the creative process behind all those silhouette iPod ads etc. - a real treat to read and very applicable to cutting-edge products such as the Model S. Like Chris Paine pointed out in "Who Killed the Electric Car?", the last thing we want is those "alien/twilight" ads that GM put out for the EV1.

10. neroden

neroden Happy Model S Owner

Tesla's stated policy (in annual reports) is not to run ads until they have to. And they sure don't have to when their reservation rate is this high.

gg: I hope the Signature premium is only $3K, that would be sweet. :) Of course that's the price before options.