Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CNN's Favorite Cars of 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! The level of ignorant vitriol in the comments to this CNN article is kind of amazing!

That's why it's a wasted effort to post anything on those kinds of public sites. They always remind me of H.L. Mencken's quip, "No one in this world, so far as I know - and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me - has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people."

That's why it's a wasted effort to post anything on those kinds of public sites.

I strongly disagree. Fighting against public ignorance, in general, is the right move. Like it or not, it's our problem. Remember that it's not just one ignorant person that's a problem, but millions. So therefore, they have an impact on our political system as they vote, and they influence the market with their decisions, which of course has an impact on all of us. I would argue that we should do everything possible to push back against public ignorance, as a well informed public can make decisions that chart us on a better course for the future.

I strongly disagree. Fighting against public ignorance, in general, is the right move. Like it or not, it's our problem. Remember that it's not just one ignorant person that's a problem, but millions. So therefore, they have an impact on our political system as they vote, and they influence the market with their decisions, which of course has an impact on all of us. I would argue that we should do everything possible to push back against public ignorance, as a well informed public can make decisions that chart us on a better course for the future.

I agree with you. If we don't correct the BS these guys post with correct and factual information (or counterpoints to their anti-Tesla opinion pieces) it will lead to the general public thinking that those viewpoints are facts and hurt the growth of the company). I am not a shareholder but I feel a real need for this company to thrive and gain meaningful market share.

Yup, I hate it as much as anyone but you just have to keep setting the facts straight. Nothing weighs higher in my experience when someone who actually owns the car tells it like it is.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”
― Mark Twain

On the internet the point is not to convince the fool but others reading the comments and thats why its still makes sense.

Wow...i posted this because here was a positive review of the car and the focus is on the comments rather than the article/blurb itself. The car speaks for itself. Check out the comments on just about any CNN article (or article on the internet), trolls, vitriol, its a fact of life on the internet...why focus on that rather than a major publication making yet another positive comment about the car.

I agree with you. If we don't correct the BS these guys post with correct and factual information (or counterpoints to their anti-Tesla opinion pieces) it will lead to the general public thinking that those viewpoints are facts and hurt the growth of the company). I am not a shareholder but I feel a real need for this company to thrive and gain meaningful market share.

..I would expect two results from this course of action;

1. Nothing from the great masses,

2. Perhaps enough information for the 1 or 2% sitting on the fence to come to an intelligent decision.

Wow...i posted this because here was a positive review of the car and the focus is on the comments rather than the article/blurb itself. The car speaks for itself. Check out the comments on just about any CNN article (or article on the internet), trolls, vitriol, its a fact of life on the internet...why focus on that rather than a major publication making yet another positive comment about the car.

It was just another article whining about what a great car the Model S is. We on the forum have heard that all before. It's just much more interesting to wade in for some good old-fashioned mud-slinging. :wink: