Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CNN's Howard Clark Howard Reviews His New Model S; can't stop gushing!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited by a moderator:
That's Clark Howard. Certainly not Ben Affleck but a pretty well respected consumer reporter/syndicated radio, TV host here in the East. Probably qualifies for celebs with MS thread. I AM surprised that he got the ranges wrong. He's usually very nitpicky about things. Especially numbers.

Solid piece, very positive. Lots of errors though, and, I wish he didn't say "out of luck" if there were no superchargers... he at least should have mentioned charging at hotels, parks, etc. where it's slower charge capability still readily exists, but, you're still not "out of luck" -- you've just got a longer wait.

That's Clark Howard. Certainly not Ben Affleck but a pretty well respected consumer reporter/syndicated radio, TV host here in the East. Probably qualifies for celebs with MS thread. I AM surprised that he got the ranges wrong. He's usually very nitpicky about things. Especially numbers.

Would be nice to e-mail him thanking him for the review but pointing out the errors to next time he talks about it he is more accurate.

Solid piece, very positive. Lots of errors though, and, I wish he didn't say "out of luck" if there were no superchargers... he at least should have mentioned charging at hotels, parks, etc. where it's slower charge capability still readily exists, but, you're still not "out of luck" -- you've just got a longer wait.
Yeah. That was a bit unusual. He actually dismissed the fact that you can technically charge anywhere with a plug (though it would be prohibitively slow) and instead said you actually need a HPWC or Supercharger to be able to charge at all. :confused:

Oh, I know. Trust me. I've got close to 2000 miles between me and Tesla anything (Stores, Service Centers, Superchargers, etc).

Perhaps this is just an example of sarcasm not carrying well over text conversation. Since my original post (#6) was merely repeating what Mr. Howard said in the video, I assumed Doug's reply to me (#7) was of the sarcastic variety and I replied in kind (#9). Was he being serious?

Last edited by a moderator: