Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CO--> CA. Model 3 dual motor tire question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely max summers unless you ever plan to go to big bear or mammoth, then all seasons + chains/socks. You would not want to even try going up that way on max summers when there's snow on the ground. If you're not a skiier than max summers ftw.

Nice. I love costco for michelins.
Thanks! I lived in Colorado 8 years and only skied a few times. I find the model 3 too low to the ground to feel comfortable driving in the snow but there are many people who do it. I avoided snow tires and just drove the days it was safe to do so.

Reactions: tm1v2
One more point... Even in SoCal it can occasionally get below 40 degrees at night especially out in the desert. I've read summer tires should not be driven at those temps because they harden and traction goes down precipitously. I drove a different car the few times it got that cold here. Other people can probably give you more specifics on the affects of cold on the PS4S tires.

Reactions: Pommie
Honestly I was in the same situation as yourself. If your not going to be taking your car to the snow get the Michelin Summer tires. If unsure if you are then get all season. That was the deal breaker for myself. I knew I will be going to the snow with my AWD, so I had chosen all seasons. If I lived in SoCAL then would had purchased Summer without a doubt.

Reactions: Pommie and tm1v2