Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Co-signing docs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m getting my delivery tomorrow and just completed the document acceptance. My wife is also on the title and the app says that the co-signer needs to accept to complete the process. Problem is that I can’t figure out how to get the docs available to her to accept. Do we need a second app account?

In the purchase process it should have asked you for the Co-Applicant's/Purchaser info including email. That 2nd co-owner needs to create a Tesla account using the email used, download/sign into the Tesla App. The docs should be available for them to sign (in their account) once the primary/first co-owner is done signing their sections.

Upvote 0
In the purchase process it should have asked you for the Co-Applicant's/Purchaser info including email. That 2nd co-owner needs to create a Tesla account using the email used, download/sign into the Tesla App. The docs should be available for them to sign (in their account) once the primary/first co-owner is done signing their sections.
The app said they will send an email to my co registrant for info. My co registrant still hasn’t received the email and my scheduled delivery is this coming Thursday. Did your owner get the email after you placed the order?

Upvote 0
The app said they will send an email to my co registrant for info. My co registrant still hasn’t received the email and my scheduled delivery is this coming Thursday. Did your owner get the email after you placed the order?

Did you do what was recommended in this thread, which was ensure that the co registrant has a tesla account, and the tesla account is setup with the same email that you provided?

Upvote 0
Just ask the co-signer to create a tesla account by downloading the Tesla app. No need for 'receiving' an email or anything. The account should be created using the email address that you provided initially during the application process.

Upvote 0
Just ask the co-signer to create a tesla account by downloading the Tesla app. No need for 'receiving' an email or anything. The account should be created using the email address that you provided initially during the application process.
When the co signer signs in, it signs in to my Tesla account. It seems both emails are tied to the same account. The account only lets me enter driver information for myself and not for the co signer.

Upvote 0
Yes. The account is set up with the same email that I provided for my co owner. Is there a way to fix this?

If they dont have the docs to sign in their tesla account, the only thing I personally can recommend is to reach out monday (a regular workday) to contact tesla. You likely wont get anywhere today, would be my guess.

Upvote 0
If they dont have the docs to sign in their tesla account, the only thing I personally can recommend is to reach out monday (a regular workday) to contact tesla. You likely wont get anywhere today, would be my guess.
The Tesla chat is not working. I called 888 518 3752 and got sent to voicemail. is there a different way to contact Tesla? I’ll try again tomorrow. Thank you!

Upvote 0
1) Primary and co-signer info like driver license and address etc are provided when you place an order
2) Only the primary owner has the option to add insurance, select delivery date etc
3) The agreement becomes available 24 hours before the delivery pickup
4) Once you sign the agreement using the primary account, open the co-signers account and they should then be able to sign the document. Co-signer dont see anything else.

• Helpful
Reactions: SSFC and jjrandorin
Upvote 0