Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coast to Coast Superchargers to be online 4-6 weeks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with Elon that the coast to coast trip will be a publicity win for Tesla. These Superchargers should be prioritized. I wounded if his children will really make it all the way without driving him crazy. Can any of you imagine the conversations: "Stop pulling on your sister's hair or I will leave you at the next Supercharger." "Don't put your finger in that!!!!" "That Supercharger is NOT a monkey bar." "Don't skip rope using that."

Those last two comments are variations of what I said to my kids on my CT to TN trip … "don't sit in the supercharger" and "stop jumping over the charge cable."

Snowbirds/sunbirds in the east can rejoice at the coming completion of the I-95 corridor but the country's midsection is still shortchanged. Snowbirds/sunbirds in the Midwest still face too many gaps along the I-75. I-65 and I-57 corridors.

I agree but they have to start somewhere. Give it another 12 months to light up some of the midwest. Being in Cincinnati, I can maybe make it to Macedonia and maybe South Bend, but tother than that I'm pretty limited on my SC options. I would love a way to get to Florida or SC in an efficient time.

Understand the anxiety for everyone to have a SC near THEM! Need to step back and not be so self interested. In one years time this company has given you the oppurtunity to purchase the best car ever made (consumer reports), the safest car ever made (NHTSA) and one of the most beautiful, unique cars on the road (every driver you pass). This all with a totally electric drive train. They are now going to say, drive coast to coast, north or south all over this country, on us, for free with high amprage rapid chargers. I mean to me, the sheer effort and rapidity of this is awe inspiring. Take a breath and enjoy being part of all of this. Afterall, anticipation is sometimes the best part.

Wouldn't it be cool if Elon had a pre-production Model X follow him on his cross country trip (with all the luggage) as a support vehicle? What a great way for the entire nation to be introduced to the concept of free superchargers, and also the Model X!

At the DELL conference yesterday one of the things Elon stated was 'currently we are rolling out a Charging Station every 2-3 days (worldwide). I think TM is doing a fairly good job.

At the DELL conference yesterday one of the things Elon stated was 'currently we are rolling out a Charging Station every 2-3 days (worldwide). I think TM is doing a fairly good job.

Yep, I can attest to this. He also said that they have about 60 SC on or in construction.

y8ytadaj.jpg

He rolled in right to the stage in a gorgeous red P85+ with the red brake calipers.

3) As an active duty military member and military brat - I have either driven or riden in long trips across large parts of the US (either due to PCS or heading back to visit family) with little real interest in visiting anything more than a bathroom along the way - last one being from Kirtland AFB, NM to Fort Meade, MD. So, I for one see a lot of utililty in direct routes being the prime goal.

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm coming from: direct routes are the appropriate goal for Superchargers. If you want to take a dawdling scenic route, you can already do so if you're in an area where the RV parks are open.

Understand the anxiety for everyone to have a SC near THEM! Need to step back and not be so self interested. In one years time this company has given you the oppurtunity to purchase the best car ever made (consumer reports), the safest car ever made (NHTSA) and one of the most beautiful, unique cars on the road (every driver you pass). This all with a totally electric drive train. They are now going to say, drive coast to coast, north or south all over this country, on us, for free with high amprage rapid chargers. I mean to me, the sheer effort and rapidity of this is awe inspiring. Take a breath and enjoy being part of all of this. Afterall, anticipation is sometimes the best part.

agree completely. this is awe inspiring! after watching the pathetic attempt that ecotality/blink made here on the west coast, taking forever to get the contracts signed and stations in the ground, burning through truck load after truck load of public funding, only to then declare bankruptchy, leaving us with virtually all the DC quick charging stations being dysfunctional... it really does go to show just how big a task this is and that Tesla is doing an awesome job with the rate Super Chargers are going in the ground and how reliable they are.

No other company in history has attempted to pull off creating and maintaining a national fueling network, or shall I say a global fueling network! there is virtually no metric by which to compare Tesla, they are achieving the creation of a whole new league of their very own.

Yeah, that's kind of where I'm coming from: direct routes are the appropriate goal for Superchargers. If you want to take a dawdling scenic route, you can already do so if you're in an area where the RV parks are open.
Yeah, right. Unless of course, you're married to my wife. RV parks are not her idea of a good time. IMHO the route structure as presented by TM is close to perfect. But then again, I'm retired, with nothing but time!:wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you are on the exciting, no-schedule, scenic route (My kind of trip), many hours at a time at remote RV parks gets old very quickly. I've owned Teslas for over 4 years now, and know this drill only too well.

I am very happy to be able to use the Elon route in a few months, and look forward to Superchargers covering many other parts of the country soon.