Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cockpit Design? Finally found concept I was thinking about.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks great! It is very possible that the empty space behind the Model 3s steering wheel that we saw during the reveal just have a temporary blanking space where a gauge cluster setup should be until they finalize their designs. It could be a floating display setup similar to the Porsche image you referenced. HUD may not be the only thing as most people seem to believe.

Tesla-Model-3-interior-1280x743.jpg

I don't see a black bar behind the display/steering wheel. That's a gap between the black dash and the white trim. I would bet that's the new air flow system we've heard about. You can see on the far right side a definite gap between the 2 pieces.

Keep trying. Tesla IS INDEED building my Electric for me. lol

In 18 months, Ill show it to you.

In all prior cases over the last few years, when people expected Tesla to come up with some very imaginative solution for something they've always been disappointed.

Tesla has always done the most obvious thing - I expect it to be no different here.

Reactions: voip-ninja
I mean - WHY NOT? A screen inside of the charge port to let the owner know the progress of the charge.

Wait Wait Wait - 800Volts? Charging the car up to 80% in 15 minutes? I might need to start another thread.

Porsche-electric-Mission-E-concept-5.jpg

Hey Elon - check out those turbine wheels. Gorgeous - ain't they?

Tesla announced the Model S 8 years ago in 2008. Here's the "alpha" cockpit:

Tesla-Model-S-Concept-2009-Photo-09.jpg

I wonder what everyone else was doing in 2008?

2008_mercedes_benz_s_class_dashboard.jpg

Thanks Mercedes, totally standing the test of time

32_first_drive_xf_opt.jpg

Wow, look at you Jaguar, with your innovative pop-up dial and moving air vents that will never break

2008_bmw_7_series_dashboard.jpg

All that wood.. BMW, you shouldn't have.

60420619.jpg

Lexus too.

Starting to see a pattern here : Tesla /= everyone else.

Starting to see a pattern here : Tesla /= everyone else.
Agreed. Plus the above non-Tesla designs don't seem to work with the center 15" screen on the 3. I'm convinced that none of us in this thread have hit the nail on the head with respect to guessing the real dash.

Why do I get the feeling that part 2 of the reveal would exceed our expectations, and then some?

Reactions: WarpedOne