Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Code GTW_w182 - Park Assist Unavailable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At first I thought it was snow or ice. Washed the car and its still there. EAP works but its not picking up any cars or objects while driving or parking (and wont lane change for me). Also annoying ding every few minutes.

Service appointment is booked for North York Toronto but its a week out. Thought I would ask if anyone else has had this?

Rarely can you every type a code into google with ZERO hits.

0EAA1CBD-F53B-49DF-A10B-589BB2EE84EC.jpeg

At first I thought it was snow or ice. Washed the car and its still there. EAP works but its not picking up any cars or objects while driving or parking (and wont lane change for me). Also annoying ding every few minutes.

Service appointment is booked for North York Toronto but its a week out. Thought I would ask if anyone else has had this?

Rarely can you every type a code into google with ZERO hits.

View attachment 510439

Has to be the ultrasonics. They are not required for AP but are for parking. Watch out, I think summon "works" but if its your ultrasonics, the car will still summon but not detect or stop for objects. Not a good thing.

They must have changed that because it was dangerous to allow it without proper function. I think despite visually seeming OK, something happened with 1 or more of your ultrasonic sensors around the bumpers and fenders.

Good luck!

Thanks! Appointment next Tues. They wanted to send mobile ranger but the roof is also leaking and one of the taillights is filling with water which has killed a couple LED”s in it. They have since moved the appointment to their service centre.

Autopilot still works but I guess it wont be favoring one side of the lane since it wont see large trucks or barriers beside me anymore.

I will report back with the results!

Reactions: croman
Thanks! Appointment next Tues. They wanted to send mobile ranger but the roof is also leaking and one of the taillights is filling with water which has killed a couple LED”s in it. They have since moved the appointment to their service centre.

Autopilot still works but I guess it wont be favoring one side of the lane since it wont see large trucks or barriers beside me anymore.

I will report back with the results!

Update?

Sup, first post! And thank you because I had this errorView attachment 533356 View attachment 533357 View attachment 533358
Wow, sorry.. I don't know why images were out of order and so freaking large. Read 3rd image first then the other two.

Basically sensor 3/4 is the best to fail on a pre-2016 model as you don't have to take off the bumper! just the cone.

They haven't told me what they would charge to replace it with mobile tech or how much it is just for the part and I can replace it. I'll upload once i know.

Had the
GTW_w182 - Park Assist Unavailable warning.
There is no battery in the sensor to fail. There is however a design flaw in the wiring harness to the front bumper sensors where a rock hit to the front bumper (and not directly on the sensor) can break a wire going to the sensor necessitating a change of the wiring harness inside the bumper as it cuts the wire too close to the sensor to allow a solder fix. Seems a perfect rock shot shears the wiring against the bumper reinforcement plate. $400 later, I am all good again thank to a mobile ranger.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
The audacity:

Hi Hartmut,

We recently had our tech team remotely diagnose your vehicle in relation to the chime you have been experiencing. Here is what they found:

"There are no alerts in the logs. This is related to a new Firmware bug that will be fixed in a Future Firmware Update. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated release date for when this will be ready yet."

We have closed this case at this time, but hope to have a fix soon with a future firmware update. If you have any other questions, you can respond directly to this SMS. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Tesla Skøyen

The audacity:

Hi Hartmut,

We recently had our tech team remotely diagnose your vehicle in relation to the chime you have been experiencing. Here is what they found:

"There are no alerts in the logs. This is related to a new Firmware bug that will be fixed in a Future Firmware Update. Unfortunately we do not have an estimated release date for when this will be ready yet."

We have closed this case at this time, but hope to have a fix soon with a future firmware update. If you have any other questions, you can respond directly to this SMS. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Tesla Skøyen
We have had at least 4 service appointments. They have been saying 'firmware bug' for 6mo+ now. Unable to resolve.