Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coding new drive unit with Tesla toolbox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have replaced the rear drive (DU) unit on my 2013 Model S P85+.

Since the DU is from another wrecked tesla, it needs to be coded to my car.

I bought access to Tesla Toolbox for 1 day, and was hoping to use the commands listed under "dashboard" - "Rear drive unit replacement", but they do not seem to be relevant for my car (I cannot find them in the "actions" tab.

Im a bit stuck now, and suggestions for actions that can be used is highly appreciated:)
Toolbox.jpg

Have you tried to just redeploy software?

I think I've seen somewhere on here that you need some other app for interfacing with legacy cars but I might be off...

Another thought, toolbox 3 that they sell is limited I heard, you might need toolbox 2 which isn't offered anymore by official means

I have replaced the rear drive (DU) unit on my 2013 Model S P85+.

Since the DU is from another wrecked tesla, it needs to be coded to my car.

I bought access to Tesla Toolbox for 1 day, and was hoping to use the commands listed under "dashboard" - "Rear drive unit replacement", but they do not seem to be relevant for my car (I cannot find them in the "actions" tab.

Im a bit stuck now, and suggestions for actions that can be used is highly appreciated:)View attachment 850062
Hey, were you able to find a solution? I am replacing my drive unit this week and wondering how to solve this issue.

What year is your car? I have a 2013. If yours is around that year... i might be able to help.. I successfully replaced my drive unit and the car is back on the road. Let me know if you need help.
Can you assist with some info on drive unit swap. I swapped mine out 2013 s85. Software reinstalled. Now I’m getting a Key not detected msg. Key fob works, battery replaced.