Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coilover kits in Southern California

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Getting tired of the ride in the Y...Mainly going slow over a dip, bump, or driveway entrance. Highway etc is fine. Streets on a bad road at lower speeds is bad too.. The wifey going to have surgery soon and taking her to doc and back with her calcification in shoulder she feels EVERY bump even more...

So has anyone around here installed UPP, MPP or other with comfort rather than performance, and would be willing to let me ride in car with you over some bumps, driveway entrances to see if it makes enough difference for me to make such a big purchase?

Thank you.
Troy

I can't help you as I'm in Baton Rouge, LA. But I can give you a little empirical data. On a road that very frequently travel there a large double bump going across both south bound lanes. With stock suspension I had to slow down to 35mph or so in order to not get totally rattled around in the car. With the new Ohlins Coil-over kit from Redwood Motorsports I now hit those bumps at the 55 mph speed limit with absolutely no drama!! I gave my wife's Lexus LS430 to my grandson and it of course has a very luxurious ride. I had to drive it a few days ago and those bumps are handled about the same now as my Model Y. The Olhins are the real deal.

Good luck with your search and best wishes to you and your wife!!

I will say while not a "Luxury" car ride, it rode better for sure, you feel and hear still its not ragdolling my body lol. Just need to determine UPP/MPP/Redwood. Install cost will be part of that too since UPP i heard was decent price compared too lots of places... Hoping to hear from CVRP soon too. Wish these new EV tires would release, i going to try that first maybe...Since in the past a different tire can make a HUGE difference in the ride of a car.