Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coilovers or Springs on our new San Diego cruiz3r Tesla Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EASpot

Local Vendor - SoCal
Aug 31, 2020
San Diego
20201016_095516.jpg
We've owned and driven some really fun toys but why this one? This car has a lot to offer, it gives you an experience that is hard to describe. Aside from being known as a luxurious car, this car is efficient and fun to drive. we love the simplistic interior – modern, minimalistic, and elegant. we'll give you a more detailed review in my future posts. Join us in this journey as we share with you new updates, challenges, and fun projects here in San Diego.
20201020_155151.jpg
20201020_155338.jpg
First on our list – lowering the Tesla! Any comments and recommendations? Unplugged coliovers or springs? Comment below!

If you simply want a lowered ride height and don't plan to take the car to the track I'd say just get Eibach or H&R springs. Both seems to give a nice ride height and have been quite well-reviewed - I wouldn't suggest the UP springs. If however you want a full coilover set, UP is a good choice as well as MountainPass. Again both of these coilover sets are quite popular and well-reviewed. There are lots more options out there but these are generally in the tried and true category.

WARNING! after you go down this mod path, it is almost endless. :)

Reactions: P-Lo801
Thanks for the input. We appreciate it. Yeah we had that experience from our previous project. It's just never enough right? We are leaning towards coilovers so we can track it for fun. And now researching what would work for our Tesla Model 3.

If you simply want a lowered ride height and don't plan to take the car to the track I'd say just get Eibach or H&R springs. Both seems to give a nice ride height and have been quite well-reviewed - I wouldn't suggest the UP springs. If however you want a full coilover set, UP is a good choice as well as MountainPass. Again both of these coilover sets are quite popular and well-reviewed. There are lots more options out there but these are generally in the tried and true category.

Thanks for the input. We appreciate it. Yeah we had that experience from our previous project. It's just never enough right? We are leaning towards coilovers so we can track it for fun. And now researching what would work for our Tesla Model 3.

For your CRUIZ3R, I would recommend our Comfort Coilovers. They ride great, allow you to tune the ride height, and are also quite good on the track!

MPP-AWD-Comfort-Coilovers.png

Reactions: Pied

I'm surprised a lot of people default to UP springs when there are options made by Eibach and H&R now. These brands have been around for decades in this field.

That's why we're leaning towards coilovers on out model 3. Good luck in your install, keep me posted.

I have lowered all my cars on springs and each time it compromised the ride quality for looks. Each time I wished I saved a little longer and went with coilovers to keep the ride and get the looks. I plan on installing the MPP nonadjustable comfort coilovers.