Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coin stuck under center console need help please!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thumbnail.jpg

So i recreated what happened. The coin went to the left side into the center console.

I am 99% certain that i hit it to left side entering the center console gap.

But my question is what if it went to the right side or underneath will there be a problem?

does anyone think that the service center could help me out?

thank you

Attachments

• thumbnail 2.jpg
    thumbnail 2.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 107
When a metal piece (forgot what it was, might have been screw or nut driver bit) fell into the crack underneath the seats (such that it was inside the cavity under the carpet), I used this inspection mirror tool with a magnet to retrieve it (I removed the mirror so it didn't get in the way). Otherwise that bit would make a sound from moving around inside the cavity.
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...rmance-tool-inspection-tool/pfm0/20170?pos=36
You can find similar magnetic pickup tools from your local autoparts store.

Not sure if it's applicable to your case (you might not be able to slip it in).

You can also look up how to remove the center console in the forum search (will vary depending on what year).
For example, this is for 2018:
How to remove the Model 3's center console

If you ask the service center for help, they will likely charge you for it, given it obviously is not something covered under warranty.

I also have lost a coin dropped between the driver seat and the centre console. Although I could feel it, each time I tried to move it it just moved further away until it fell through a gap onto what sounded like the metal floor plate! I've never had a car before with the floor covering made up of so many bits and pieces. The magnet suggestion won't work in my case as UK coins are non-magnetic.

But my question is what if it went to the right side or underneath will there be a problem?

No, no problem at all.

does anyone think that the service center could help me out?

For a fee, maybe.

Alternatively,
Option 1 - leave it alone.
Option 2 - push it all the way under the plastic shroud so you don't see it anymore. Then see Option 1.

HTH,
a

Reactions: AZAV8R