Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Cold air leaking

afp915

Feb 19, 2021
Korea
I have a 2020 model3 and i've be trying to fix a problem with outside air which seems to be enterting through the side of the door. It seems to be near the area where you control the seat position. I have added the extra rubber door seal but still feel the air entering. My knees and feet feels always cold with this air flowing in. Does anyone have any idea how to block this air flow.

Reactions: WarpedOne

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
Isn’t there suppose to be some kind of insulation at certain parts inside the door panel to prevent airflow into the cabin? If so maybe your car is missing it in that area.

Just a few more thoughts. I know the car is designed with airflow to the B pillar camera and charging area for rapid heating of those areas during winter when you pre-warm the car on high. Not sure about where the door handles are on the outside but wonder if that could be an area of concern.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC