Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold car, acceleration around 60mpg clicking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So first time experiencing this in my 2019 raven s p100D. In Ludacris mode when I take off from a cold battery tonight that showed limited regen breaking I did a take off and 50-60 range it starting to make a clicking and the overall launch seemed impacted for sure. Happened all 3 times. Hard to say where clicking coming from. Is this some governer kicking in or do I have something broken on my 3 month old car?
First ever heard this and only variable I can think of it’s cold outside and car sat for 3 hrs in 30f degree temps.

So first time experiencing this in my 2019 raven s p100D. In Ludacris mode when I take off from a cold battery tonight that showed limited regen breaking I did a take off and 50-60 range it starting to make a clicking and the overall launch seemed impacted for sure. Happened all 3 times. Hard to say where clicking coming from. Is this some governer kicking in or do I have something broken on my 3 month old car?
First ever heard this and only variable I can think of it’s cold outside and car sat for 3 hrs in 30f degree temps.
Today car was warmed up and tried a few take offs and no clicking sound....

I believe mine only occurred when I had the vehicle height raised. It hasn’t occurred since and I have not gone back to trying hard acceleration again with vehicle height raised. Should I let this be or should I try to see if it happens at the raised height as it is a symptom of a bigger underlying problem I will have in the future? Car still well under warranty at just under 6 months old.

That’s when it is most prone to making the death rattle. You’re not supposed to have a hard acceleration in the “high” mode anyway. Really become an issue when it’s making the noise in standard or low since that’s the typical driving height.