Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold drafts, freezing occupants

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving home from Thanksgiving in 10 F weather, despite having the heater blasting for the entire 45 minute trip, I and the rest of my family never felt warm. Ok, the seat heaters and steering wheel heater help, but our feet were freezing. Feeling down to the left of the driver seat, it felt like there was a cold draft coming in underneath the door. This felt the same by all the doors. Is this normal?

My wife said it also felt to her like there was a cold draft blowing directly on her feet.

Kind of embarassing to have a really expensive vehicle that can't manage to keep the occupants warm.

Yup. Would be nice if they properly insulated the vehicle and had air vents that worked.

I had that issue last year which was the first winter I had my S75D. They ended up replacing the weather liner strip around the doors and where the doors meet the body of the car.

It made a good difference. For the HVAC, they said nothing can be done. Just have to put it really high to feel the warm air which is pretty unfortunate cuz it eats up the battery more.

I had that issue last year which was the first winter I had my S75D. They ended up replacing the weather liner strip around the doors and where the doors meet the body of the car.

It made a good difference. For the HVAC, they said nothing can be done. Just have to put it really high to feel the warm air which is pretty unfortunate cuz it eats up the battery more.

I'll check with the service center about the weather strips, thanks! I need to tell them about condensation in the taillights anyway.

I couldn't feel any warm air coming out from the vents in the back of the center console (for rear passengers). Maybe a very slight airflow. The cabin heating really could have used more attention.

I'll check with the service center about the weather strips, thanks! I need to tell them about condensation in the taillights anyway.

I couldn't feel any warm air coming out from the vents in the back of the center console (for rear passengers). Maybe a very slight airflow. The cabin heating really could have used more attention.

I have that issue as well but they said there’s no fix to it. Just keep it really high they said

I’m having the exact same issue. Drafts are entering my 2021 Model 3 LE where my feet are and through the front door and dmfribt windows. Passengers in the rear also feel drafts. Once I turn off A/C it gets very cold in the cabin.

I’m having the exact same issue. Drafts are entering my 2021 Model 3 LE where my feet are and through the front door and dmfribt windows. Passengers in the rear also feel drafts. Once I turn off A/C it gets very cold in the cabin.