Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold drive update - 250 km total round trip report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Left for 62 km commute at 6a this morning with -12°C temps. Car had been charging in attached garage with 2°C ambient temps and pre-warmed for longer than normal, about 10 minutes. Left with 423km range (Model 3 LR RWD, X-Ice/aero wheels). First half of commute was backroads at about 89 km/hr and last half on the 401 in far left lane going with the flow on AP which ranged between 100 and 137km/hr for very brief periods.

One occupant, seat heater on low entire trip, heat set to 21.5°C.

Small favorable elevation change.

Arrived with 340km of range. I presume leaving in such an optimal state contributed to this and also allowed regen.

Energy graph started off with estimates far lower but adjusted higher as the trip went on.

Reactions: dusdev
Recap: Slow down, save lives, the environment, brakes, tires, money and nerves.

I do a similar test and was so relaxed after drivind arround speed limit that now I just dive that way... Speed is dangerous not only for us but also for others and it is stressing. Some drivers thinks they are better than the other and have the permission to drive fast but it is a jugement error... Slow down, the life will be realy better for everyone ;)