Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold Feet? [issues with climate system]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2021 SR+ Unicorn M3 - Winter here in Australia yet for the life of me I cannot get the climate system to a comfortable temp EVER. Even with temp set to reasonably warm in the morning (circa 21-24 Celsius) and seat heaters on, it blows colder air on my feet ALWAYS. I have to come off auto climate and set hotter air to flow to my feet to defrost them. In all the cars I've owned, I've never had to adjust the air system as often as I do in this car and generally my commute is only 30-40 mins but I'm constantly adjusting it to keep comfortable. Anyone else have cold feet?

UPDATE: Service checked the car and reported back the system was working within it's parameters and that there was nothing they could do do change it. I really want to love this car but this is just one thing that infuriates me after car manufacturers have spend years refining basic tech. Seems Tesla are hell bent on ignoring all of the industry knowledge just do to it their own way for the sake of it. Anyhow, I will have to live with the constant adjusting of the HVAC system to gain warm feet the the inevitable switch to cold as my top have boils. Dramatic, but I'm close to selling my car as this is just one issue that annoys me.

Reactions: sfRonH
UPDATE: Service checked the car and reported back the system was working within it's parameters and that there was nothing they could do do change it. I really want to love this car but this is just one thing that infuriates me after car manufacturers have spend years refining basic tech. Seems Tesla are hell bent on ignoring all of the industry knowledge just do to it their own way for the sake of it. Anyhow, I will have to live with the constant adjusting of the HVAC system to gain warm feet the the inevitable switch to cold as my top have boils. Dramatic, but I'm close to selling my car as this is just one issue that annoys me.
I think you need to search some other threads, because your problem seems to trigger a memory that some other person, who got a MIC Tesla had the same issue.

Reactions: MTG1
I agree. I seem to use the manual mode a lot more than in my prior car (Prius). My biggest change is to increase the fan level as it often is too low.

I do agree that "auto" sucks. When I first got my M3, "auto" climate meant that the fan speed was controlled automatically, and it was good at the time.

V11 and several updates later, and "auto" means that the car gets to choose whether the air should blow at my face, my feet, or the windshield. What a fail. How can the car know if my feet are cold? Tesla has made a very good car - and then ruined it in many small ways... but they add up. "Auto" wipers really means fully manual, and "auto" climate really means regularly adjusting it.

Reactions: sfRonH and MTG1
V8 and V8.1 (these versions were never available in a Model 3 to the best of my knowledge, but they worked very well in the S and X) had the best climate control system.

You could set the overall system to use auto mode, or individual subsystems (A/C compressor, recirc/biohazard mode, vent positions, and fan speed) could be set to automatic while others were controlled manually.

It should have never been effed with. Instead of adding the 3's vent control feature to it, someone redesigned it and ruined the whole system.

2021 SR+ Unicorn M3 - Winter here in Australia yet for the life of me I cannot get the climate system to a comfortable temp EVER. Even with temp set to reasonably warm in the morning (circa 21-24 Celsius) and seat heaters on, it blows colder air on my feet ALWAYS. I have to come off auto climate and set hotter air to flow to my feet to defrost them. In all the cars I've owned, I've never had to adjust the air system as often as I do in this car and generally my commute is only 30-40 mins but I'm constantly adjusting it to keep comfortable. Anyone else have cold feet?
Yes - me too. Im in SE NSW and have mine set on manual, 22, no AC, floor directed and that is great until I have to defrost. That clears screen but chills feet. Worse is that it doesn't go back to preferred settings when defrost is switched off. Surely we're not the only ones who see this as a problem..?

Reactions: sfRonH