TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cold fusion returns?

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by zack, Oct 29, 2011.

1. zack

zack Member

2. bolosky

bolosky Member

Hell, if you're willing to assume something impossible (or at least so highly improbable that it might as well be), you can lose the aura of sham that's coming from the E-Cat guys, and actually get something much better:

Amazon.com: Challenges to The Second Law of Thermodynamics: Theory and Experiment (Fundamental Theories of Physics) (9789048167685): Vladislav Capek, Daniel P. Sheehan: Books

This is a serious physics professor who really knows what it means who's trying to find ways to violate the second law of thermodynamics (the net result of which would be you could extract the energy in ambient heat in the environment and generate work; think about a car that's "powered" by cooling the surrounding air).

Like cold fusion, I'll believe it when I see it and invest in it later still. But if I get to pick my impossible thing, I'm in for the second law violation, none of this wimpy cold fusion stuff.
    :)

3. Tommy

Tommy Member

I took a look at the price of the paperback version ($209.00USD) and I think the professor violated the first law of economics as well; however it did include free shipping in the price!

4. zack

zack Member

Not buying it. 8^D

5. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I haven't read up on this e-cat stuff, but if they are pulling a scam then it's under the gaze of one of the oldest and most respected universities in Europe.