Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold Legs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

Anyone else getting cold upper thighs in their M3?

The lower vents blow into the footwell but I’ve placed my hand just under the touchscreen and the steering wheel and the cold draft coming through is quite significant.

wondering if there’s anything I can insulate to stop this?

I don't, and I'm not sure I understand. What temperature is the air you are blowing, and where are you directing it ?

I generally change nothing in the climate settings, leave it all on auto but adjust the airflow to hit my face. In this weather that's warm air, so ....

I don't, and I'm not sure I understand. What temperature is the air you are blowing, and where are you directing it ?

I generally change nothing in the climate settings, leave it all on auto but adjust the airflow to hit my face. In this weather that's warm air, so ....
Yes, I get cold legs too when driving my early 2020 Model 3 with climate set on auto.
It gets worse when air recirculation is on. Tesla Auto climate is obviout not a good product and Tesla as a tech company is not capable on SeC promises that ota software updates will get this fixed. I am now driving this car in three cold seasons and it is as bad as in the winter when I got the car delivered. Disappointing

Yes, I get cold legs too when driving my early 2020 Model 3 with climate set on auto.
It gets worse when air recirculation is on. Tesla Auto climate is obviout not a good product and Tesla as a tech company is not capable on SeC promises that ota software updates will get this fixed. I am now driving this car in three cold seasons and it is as bad as in the winter when I got the car delivered. Disappointing
Yeh mines 2020

Defo not the heat cos I can feel the heat on my feet. This is further up like knees to thighs. Like I say, I’ve placed my hand underneath the steering wheel post and the touchscreen and it’s defo coming from there

I experienced this as well. I have 2022 Model Y perf and I have all climate settings on "auto". it's not COLD but definitely not warm/hot.

I dind't really dig into it cause it's bearable but I assume that once interior temp has reached, tesla is blowing natural outside air or something through the vent near the leg and since it's winter time, the natural outside air will be cold enough compare to inside temp, that we can feel it more noticeably.

all guessing but I definitely felt the need to change climiate setting manually if i wanted my "perfect" climate setting.

Gave mine a thorough test yesterday. Didn’t prewarm the car although it was a bit chilly. Temperature set at 20.5. The first couple of hundred yards produced cold air but thereafter warmer air.
To me, 20.5 isn’t warm enough and the air did feel more like a draught. Once I’d cranked the heat up to 21.5 there was no noticeable cold air under the screen or the steering wheel or from the main vent and plenty of heat in the footwell

Any developments on this topic of cold legs after the first weeks into the cold season?

Last night on a 1,5 hour trip I could not find any climate setting in my 2020 model 3 (without heat pump). Set on auto and 22 celsius i had hot air blowing at my feet and body but some very cold air draft coming from below my chair that kept my knees cold 🥶

I had the cold legs issue in the summer when the AC was working, but now it’s colder I don’t. I went in to get the issue looked at by Tesla over the summer but I got it back as it was and they said it was all within tolerances and how it should be 🤯

Normally have the HVAC set to 19.5 - 20 degrees.