Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold weather high way drive 60% efficiency.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I kind of tested the high way drive efficiently at cold weather (it is cold but not coldest in GTA).

I drove from Markham to Pearson this morning. Outside temperature was -14C, inside temperature set to 19.5C, and three seats warmer turned on for two bars, speed is about 110km set on AP. See the picture for the return trip, the efficiency was about 60%, that means in this condition for a full charge Model 3 LR range could be only 300Km. (BTW, I prewarm the battery before departure and only did drop and go at airports).

C85AE1C0-6CAA-4A1F-843A-E6AAC44BC671.jpeg

Attachments

• FA16DD21-6294-40DE-859C-119ABB4ECF3D.jpeg
    FA16DD21-6294-40DE-859C-119ABB4ECF3D.jpeg
    349.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Informative
Reactions: Dre78
Today I kind of tested the high way drive efficiently at cold weather (it is cold but not coldest in GTA).

I drove from Markham to Pearson this morning. Outside temperature was -14C, inside temperature set to 19.5C, and three seats warmer turned on for two bars, speed is about 110km set on AP. See the picture for the return trip, the efficiency was about 60%, that means in this condition for a full charge Model 3 LR range could be only 300Km. (BTW, I prewarm the battery before departure and only did drop and go at airports).

View attachment 370094
it seems to be in line with mine

I have not hit temps that low yet. Let ya know sometime next week. When it drops to 0F Sunday night. -20F with wind chill.

Plus 1-2 ft of snow.

Currently at 32F with just a driver. I’m at 99% efficient. But you can hit some cliffs where you can no longer get away with recirculate and no A/C that are unavoidable below certain temps. When you add passengers you need to handle increased humidity and the amount of cabin that needs to be heated.

So with 2 passengers, Near 0 F, near 70 mph your numbers might not be that out of line.

I have not hit temps that low yet. Let ya know sometime next week. When it drops to 0F Sunday night. -20F with wind chill.

Plus 1-2 ft of snow.

Currently at 32F with just a driver. I’m at 99% efficient. But you can hit some cliffs where you can no longer get away with recirculate and no A/C that are unavoidable below certain temps. When you add passengers you need to handle increased humidity and the amount of cabin that needs to be heated.

So with 2 passengers, Near 0 F, near 70 mph your numbers might not be that out of line.

Sorry, this is CANADIAN sub, pls use C and Km instead of F and mile. I have hard time to convert the numbers.

• Funny