Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold weather problem with cameras

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having an issue with my Model YP. In the morning everything works perfectly after the night in my garage. When I go to work and park in the parking structure where it is below 20f and get in the car after work the touch screen is stuck in the daylight mode. The backup camera doesn't work and the GPS stays stuck in one position. After 15 to 20 min of driving the GPS updates, the cameras work and the screen switches to dark mode.

All I get from customer service is to precondition the battery as this is the new procedure. I never had issues with the camera or GPS like this before updating to 2021.44.25.6. Has anyone else experienced this? I have an upcoming mobile service appointment next week. Wondering if a factory reset is worth a shot??

Same with my MIC M3 SR+. from june 2021.
Usually if I precondition the car, everything works. If no precondition the cameras are always black, GPS stuck and the car does not know if it is day or night ( Screen is either dark or bright depending on when I parked last time)
Sometimes the cameras and GPS comes back after 20-40 minutes of driving.
Of course ACC / Autopilot does not work either.
This started after an update in December, but I have of course no proof to claim it is a SW update that caused this problem or not.

It has also happened a few times that the cameras and GPS get stuck after driving for a while.

I too would like to know if anyone has had this problem and what the fix was.

Upvote 0
Same with my MIC M3 SR+. from june 2021.
Usually if I precondition the car, everything works. If no precondition the cameras are always black, GPS stuck and the car does not know if it is day or night ( Screen is either dark or bright depending on when I parked last time)
Sometimes the cameras and GPS comes back after 20-40 minutes of driving.
Of course ACC / Autopilot does not work either.
This started after an update in December, but I have of course no proof to claim it is a SW update that caused this problem or not.

It has also happened a few times that the cameras and GPS get stuck after driving for a while.

I too would like to know if anyone has had this problem and what the fix was.
I have the same issue. Tesla service acted like it was a new issue they had never heard of.

Upvote 0