Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collecting a Tesla when it's a company car/lease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone collected a Tesla during Covid19 restrictions, that's a company car/lease vehicle?

I'm due to collect tomorrow and it's getting complicated because of a form that Tesla want me to 'sign' online, before collection, that the lease company say I can't/shouldn't sign, as I'm not the owner.

Has anyone else been in a similar position?

Luke

Has anyone collected a Tesla during Covid19 restrictions, that's a company car/lease vehicle?

I'm due to collect tomorrow and it's getting complicated because of a form that Tesla want me to 'sign' online, before collection, that the lease company say I can't/shouldn't sign, as I'm not the owner.

Has anyone else been in a similar position?

Luke
I signed the form days before the car was delivered!
Let the lease company sign it if they aren’t happy. Mine was an online form sent to an email address so anyone could sign it

Signed mine on Friday, collecting tomorrow. Didn't discuss it with the lease company.

The form was a certification that I had collected the car. Putting the date misalignment to one side, given I am the person collecting the car, I didn't ever think it was for the lease company to sign it.

Reactions: bhav and TM3P1
Situation resolved, for now, the lease company have decided I can sign the form, so I have.

It seems a bit backwards that it's to confirm delivery, and Tesla are requesting it's signed before I've even seen the car.

Tesla have said that at worst it will delay access to the car from the App. The 7 days/100 mile window applies regardless, if there's anything up with the car.

I'm less than impressed with the lease company, they don't seem to fully understand how to work with Tesla and rather than improve on that, they choose to simply lay the blame on Tesla, with comment such as 'well Tesla are just odd' - I'm sure they're different, but that doesn't excuse poor customer service.

Mine's about to be delivered. Tesla sent me the form yesterday, but they didn't ask for it to be signed immediately, they asked for it to be signed "on delivery", which makes sense given the form confirms receipt of the car.

I haven't heard a peep out of my leasing company and have no intention of discussing this with them - I'll just sign as soon as the car arrives.

@LukeUK I would sign the form when delivered, as that's what the form is for! Balls to them saying it speeds it up. That's what the form is for "Delivery of car"

If worst came to worst and the car didn't get delivered, both Tesla and the lease company could just play hard ball and say " well you signed the form saying you received it"

Last edited:
Yeah I had exactly the same from nhsfleetsolutions blaming every delay/problem with Tesla. I just ended up touching base with Tesla myself and communicating between the two.

Ah shucks, hopefully they've improved since, lol I put in my order on 2nd of June with NHS fleet solutions for a M3 LR, although when called yesterday they didn't have the RN number - they were awaiting it from the 'lease company'

I collected the car today.

I signed the form before going, but it wouldn't have made much difference if I hadn't, they were 'signing' them on behalf of people after they'd inspected the car.

The app worked immediately, as soon as they had marked the car as 'delivered'. Apparently, this can be delayed if the form is signed on the day.

The app works fine and supercharging was charged back to the credit card on my tesla account, so that's all working ok.

Reactions: Durzel
I had the car delivered to me at 6pm last night. Signed the form at 7pm. App hadn't started working by the time I went to bed, but had by the time I got up this morning.

Tried a supercharger today and that worked fine, which surprised me because I've never given Tesla any payment details. Guess it's getting charged to my leasing company. Hope I'm not about to be slapped with admin fees for passing on the charges!

I had the car delivered to me at 6pm last night. Signed the form at 7pm. App hadn't started working by the time I went to bed, but had by the time I got up this morning.

Tried a supercharger today and that worked fine, which surprised me because I've never given Tesla any payment details. Guess it's getting charged to my leasing company. Hope I'm not about to be slapped with admin fees for passing on the charges!

I've added a credit card to my account, but the supercharger invoice has my name and the lease company's address on it, so there's a link there, I don't know what would have happened if I'd tried charging without my credit card details on my account.

Have you logged in and looked at the invoice?

Reactions: ThePants999
I don't have a car on my online account, but I could still add a credit card to my account. It was used for the supercharger I used on the way home from collection.
Really? Before I'd collected my car my account just said no products linked to my account so wouldn't let me log in. This was the app in case that makes a difference. I had the same thought as above how does supercharging get charged? I assumed it would be with the Tesla app.