Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collecting Battery Data on P85/90D and DL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vilhelm,
According to this post, you should try hard to get the newer 1088792-00-A pack as it is the one recording the very highest power ratings from some other new owners. Can't imagine why your car would have the older pack. Picked mine up yesterday and it had this newer pack. .

Good luck. I'm sure others here will be eager to hear if you are successful getting them to change your battery pack to the newer part number before paying and taking delivery. Report back if you can. (Might get one of their notorious NDA/confidentiality agreements!)

Last edited:
Wonder where I stand with my 1056776-00-E battery which seems to be the latest but fitted to non ludicrous cars, my ludicrous upgrade was done by the dealer before delivery last week.

Are we fairly certain the power increase is from these newer battery's and not from a software update that hasn't been pushed to all cars yet?

I guess we need some reports of cars with the newer battery's and the lower power output which hasn't happened as far as I can tell.

Double checked. First was wrong.

Attachments

• 20160628_165650.jpg
    20160628_165650.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 111
Ok. To ScottUK's point, we don't yet know if it's the pack or the software, but if I hadn't yet taken delivery, I'd be fighting hard to get pack 1088792-00-A.

My car, picked up 6/26, production start 6/23/16, is running that pack and software version 2.24.30. I posted in another thread my powertools data after supercharging and high-sped runs last night. I was able to get 512 kw from the battery, the highest yet recorded from any S or X I believe. That's 686.3 hp.

Second run managed 511 hp (tied with previous record, also on this same pack). That was 685 hp.
Screenshots attached.

Screenshots attached.

Push hard for the 1088792 pack. There's very good reason to believe there's some sort of magic dust in there that's giving unprecedented power gains, at least until someone with an earlier pack shows those power levels after some software update.

image.png image.png image.png

• Informative
Reactions: Pale_Rider