Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collection Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Pick up from Leeds on Friday. I thought I saw a thread outlining the details of what to expect but I can't seem to find it.

Just got some questions:

• How long roughly can I expect I'll be there? Are these group presentations still happening and can I elect not to attend if I'm pushed for time?
  • How much charge can I expect on the car? I've requested it be as fully charged as possible ahead of my arrival - how likely is it that they'll do this?
  • Does the car come with a type 2 - type 2 cable? Or just the UK mains - Type 2?
  • I read on here that you get free supercharging for the day of collection? Any truth to this?
I'm sure I'll have more but I'll reply as they crop up.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Pick up from Leeds on Friday. I thought I saw a thread outlining the details of what to expect but I can't seem to find it.

Just got some questions:

• How long roughly can I expect I'll be there? Are these group presentations still happening and can I elect not to attend if I'm pushed for time?
  • How much charge can I expect on the car? I've requested it be as fully charged as possible ahead of my arrival - how likely is it that they'll do this?
  • Does the car come with a type 2 - type 2 cable? Or just the UK mains - Type 2?
  • I read on here that you get free supercharging for the day of collection? Any truth to this?

Thanks!
Interested also as I'll hopefully be collecting next Wednesday!!

Reactions: Blueskye
Hi all,

Just got some questions:

Thanks!

I collected from Dartford last week so can offer you up my experience.

1. I was one of two people collecting at the time. There was no group presentation offered or even mentioned. A very helpful employee talked me through the boring legal stuff and then gave me a 20-30 minute tour of a show car (this was optional, but I took him up on it). I was there for just over an hour for the whole process, that included trading in my old car, to driving off the forecourt and everything in between.

2. My car was plugged in and charging when I got into it. It had about 250 miles of range (I have an LR AWD) but he said I could sit and charge for as long as I wanted.

3. It comes with both a blue type 2 to type 2 cable, and a UK mains-type 2. Double check these are in your boot before you drive off.

4. Wasn’t offered this, but as I say, was told I could charge outside for free (not a supercharger though).

Hope this helps, if you’ve any more questions just shout. Had nothing but a positive experience.

I collected from Dartford last week so can offer you up my experience.

1. I was one of two people collecting at the time. There was no group presentation offered or even mentioned. A very helpful employee talked me through the boring legal stuff and then gave me a 20-30 minute tour of a show car (this was optional, but I took him up on it). I was there for just over an hour for the whole process, that included trading in my old car, to driving off the forecourt and everything in between.

2. My car was plugged in and charging when I got into it. It had about 250 miles of range (I have an LR AWD) but he said I could sit and charge for as long as I wanted.

3. It comes with both a blue type 2 to type 2 cable, and a UK mains-type 2. Double check these are in your boot before you drive off.

4. Wasn’t offered this, but as I say, was told I could charge outside for free (not a supercharger though).

Hope this helps, if you’ve any more questions just shout. Had nothing but a positive experience.
Brilliant thank you. Lots of good news.

Hi all,

Just got some questions:

Thanks!

I also collect from Leeds on Friday 10:30, may see you there?

I pickup from Leeds tomorrow at 15:30. Drove past today and they have alot of model 3s out the back waiting to be picked up (I counted 25). Hopefully not too busy tomorrow though!

Does anyone have a decent checklist to use? Doesn't have to be exhaustive but enough to find any issues that would need checking..

Hi all,

Just got some questions:

Thanks!
Double check on the type 2. Mine wasn't there when I went to pick up, though they quickly provided one when I mentioned.it.

Reactions: planehazza